Virtual Train Tour

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony

Founder
Honored Member
Willy Kaemena has kindly allowed us to incorporate his Amtrak VR media into this web site.

Click the virtual tour link at www.amtraktrains.com to see the current draft page.

I will probably do more with the layout later, but at least it's up. Quicktime VR plugin required.

Last edited by a moderator:
Willy Kaemena has kindly allowed us to incorporate his Amtrak VR media into this web site.
Click the virtual tour link at www.amtraktrains.com to see the current draft page.

I will probably do more with the layout later, but at least it's up. Quicktime VR plugin required.
The virtual tour was great! We are leaving in a week for Seattle and it was great to show our kids what it looks like on the inside. My daughter wants to know where the pool is! Ha Ha.

Can anyone tell me how far the coach seats recline? Are you able to elevate your legs?

The virtual tour was great! We are leaving in a week for Seattle and it was great to show our kids what it looks like on the inside. My daughter wants to know where the pool is! Ha Ha. Can anyone tell me how far the coach seats recline? Are you able to elevate your legs?
Most people compare the recline to that one might find in most first class seating sections on an airplane. You won't be flat, but you will get more recline than you do in a normal airplane seat.

And there is a calf rest that pulls up from the bottom of your seat to help elevate your legs.

Thank you so much for adding the Virtual Train Tour feature. :) We've booked a bedroom on the Silver Meteor from NYP to WPB. We understand that the Superliner and Viewliner bedroom are basically the same layout except one is blue and the other green. This Virtual Tour shows a better view of the bedroom than the Amtrak website. Many thanks again from two seniors. This will be our first long overnight travel on Amtrak (25+ hours).

Thank you so much for adding the Virtual Train Tour feature. :) We've booked a bedroom on the Silver Meteor from NYP to WPB. We understand that the Superliner and Viewliner bedroom are basically the same layout except one is blue and the other green. This Virtual Tour shows a better view of the bedroom than the Amtrak website. Many thanks again from two seniors. This will be our first long overnight travel on Amtrak (25+ hours).
The rooms are basically the same, but the Viewliner room has a higher ceiling, which when coupled with an extra row of windows above the big waist high windows provides a much roomier feeling. Also there is far more storage for luggage in a Viewliner sleeper, as there is both the cubby hole over the hallway and bags can even be placed on top of the toilet/vanity unit.

Last edited by a moderator:
It has helped so much to be able to see what the train I'll be taking actually looks like :)

Back