Sign in to follow this  
Viewliner

Prototype Viewliner Update

Just wanted to let anybody who's interested know that I went to NY yesterday with my dad, and at lunch, we went to the nearby hobby shop. As many of you know I wanted to have my 2 undecorated Viewliners Painted and modified to look like #2300 and #8400. (In HO Scale, as they're only made in N Scale) Rather than have me do the kitbashing, my dad and I agreed to share the cost of painting/converting the cars.

Unfortunately the guy said to do 8400, it would cost Hundreds of dollars, so unfortunately I have to put that project off...for now. I will be doing work during the year and my parents will let me keep all of the money from that. With that money, I would like to revisit that project by the beginning of next summer.

So, I'll still be getting #2300 Painted (In Phase III) and the other one will have to be #2301 (Which I planned to do anyway, but at a later date).

I'm awaiting the estimate now, which I should get by next tuesday, then they guy they work with will paint them. I left the cars and pictures with them to show what I want done. I will post photos of them once they're completed. If all works out well, then maybe I can go ahead to some of my other designs like the Viewliner Diner, Coach, Lounge, Baggage, ?/Dorm {haven't quite figured out what should be with the dorm, like baggage, table, lounge, etc.}

Viewliner, I would be intrested in the estimate the hobby shop gives you. I've been wanting a few of my Amfleets in Phase VI and a base price that I could compare with hobby shops in my area would be great. :)

Jon, the guy was guessing about 100 per car, but I'd try checking with your local hobby shop as I'm sure a phase VI Amfleet would be cheaper though. I'll let you know when I got the exact amount.