Missing My Amtrak

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Due to fighting cancer and Lupus, it's been about 3 years since I got to take a trip on Amtrak and how I miss it.

I remember riding the Texas Chief down to Texas to see relatives when I was a child (late 50's now) and it was such a treat. Now I live in Texas and have taken numerous trips up to Michigan on Amtrak, one to California and several to Indiana. I LOVE Amtrak travel and have had some REAL interesting and even a bit...um, embarrassing experiences, but they have not taken away from my enjoyment.

Now that my health is much improved, if I can gather my finances together, I want to take a trip up to Holland, Grand Haven and Whitehall, MI this sumer, along with a stop in New Buffalo. All are areas that I have lived in and ohhhh, I miss those Lake Michigan breezes. Texas is TOO hot.

Anyway, great there is a site to discusss our love of Amtrak...long may it live!!!

Glad that you're recovering nicely. That's a very good thing that riding Amtrak is a lot relax than driving or flying.

Well, thank you. I'm glad that I'm recovering nicely, also. It's been a battle.

It is so nice to not only see the scenery (even if you've seen the same thng 20 times, it changes as you ride along that route) but a great way to meet interesting people, especially in the dining car. And one can sleep, read and walk around. Much better than flying or driving.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to take a trip up to Holland, Grand Haven and Whitehall, MI this sumer, along with a stop in New Buffalo.
Just keep in mind that if you do plan a stop at New Buffalo, that station is set to be relocated across town. In fact once the change takes place, it will be served by the Blue Water and one of the three Wolverine trains rather than the Pere Marquette as it is now. Verify the station location with Amtrak so you can plan accordingly.

Back