My introduction

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey B

Train Attendant
Hello I am Joey B from the Chicago area, I am new to the board and wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I am a bartender at a hotel in the O'Hare area of Chicagoland. I have never taken a long distance rail ride but am ticketed for "The City of New Orleans" for the end of January and have booked a bedroom.

Purpose of our trip is we are going for our first Mardi Gras, and as part of our trip we have joined a Krewe so we can ride in one of the Mardi Gras parades. This is a major purchase and being there on the day before the parade is a must. As the weather can be questionable that time of year here in Chicago, we decide air travel to be too much a gamble and decided on rail. I have always wanted to take the City of New Orleans and thought this was an excellent opportunity to do so. The other great part of this trip is I live a block from our Metra train stop wich takes you right into Union Station, so all we have to do is board the train i hear all day long, take it into town and walk to the Amtrak check in. I Am very excited about our trip and the added dimension of the train. Will probably be asking questions about the trip and looking forward to the answers. I have enjoyed reading many of the posts and am trying to educate my self on rules and terms of rail travel. Look forward to conversing with all of you.

Joey B

B)-->

QUOTE(Joey B @ Fri, May 11, 2007, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello I am Joey B from the Chicago area, I am new to the board and wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I am a bartender at a hotel in the O'Hare area of Chicagoland. I have never taken a long distance rail ride but am ticketed for "The City of New Orleans" for the end of January and have booked a bedroom.

Purpose of our trip is we are going for our first Mardi Gras, and as part of our trip we have joined a Krewe so we can ride in one of the Mardi Gras parades. This is a major purchase and being there on the day before the parade is a must. As the weather can be questionable that time of year here in Chicago, we decide air travel to be too much a gamble and decided on rail. I have always wanted to take the City of New Orleans and thought this was an excellent opportunity to do so. The other great part of this trip is I live a block from our Metra train stop which takes you right into Union Station, so all we have to do is board the train i hear all day long, take it into town and walk to the Amtrak check in. I Am very excited about our trip and the added dimension of the train. Will probably be asking questions about the trip and looking forward to the answers. I have enjoyed reading many of the posts and am trying to educate my self on rules and terms of rail travel. Look forward to conversing with all of you.

Joey B
Welcome - let us know how we can help.
Also, some forum members are trying to set a get together in Chicago this fall. Stay tuned for details as they develop.

Welcome Joey.
ciao.gif

Back