Cab Safety

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cab Safety

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Maybe it's the late hour, combined with my rather full day of train riding. However I'm not quite clear what you are asking here. :unsure:

Are you trying to sugest that having those doors locked is a good or bad thing? Because at least down in NY those doors are indeed usually locked.

Or are you suggesting that in your experiences in Boston that those doors have no locks? And therefore are asking if we think that they should put locks on those doors or not.

I think it's one of those things where the Engineer should be able to choose his preference. Many times here in SoFla with Tri-Rail the Cab is open on weekends when the train is fairly empty, but closed off during the week when the train is full. So in my opinion, put them there, whether they get used or not is another story.

Usually the engineer on NJT transit will have the door closed where passengers can't see inside, but it's nice to be able to see the cab and tracks ahead when the door is open. I guess I agree with battalion.

Viewliner said:
Usually the engineer on NJT transit will have the door closed where passengers can't see inside, but it's nice to be able to see the cab and tracks ahead when the door is open. I guess I agree with battalion.
I love Cal-Trains double decker set up. The cab control are up top and if you stand on the lower level you can see out the front without obstruction. Its like your driving the train. :D

Back