Amtrak Model Passager Cars and Diesels.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amtrak Railfan

OBS Chief
Hello There I want to know does somebody have Photos of the Model Amtrak Express Cars and the Dining Car for my model for my Amtrak Cars please? :)

Walthers has by far the best variety of plastic Amtrak passenger cars. Amfleet Is and IIs, Superliner Is and IIs, Horizon, Heritage, Viewliners, all kinds of Express cars and Auto Carriers, they even got rare cars like the ones named specially for the Auto train and the special Auto Train Lounge!! Walthers cars are also of great quality and are very realistic! They arent too pricey either, in the 20 dollar range for a nice car. Couple some of their cars up with an Athearn Genesis locomotive and you have one sweet Amtrak train!

The only thing I dont like about the Walther passenger cars are the vestibules, they are a bit cobby! But other then that I have nothing but praise for them!

P40Power said:
The only thing I dont like about the Walther passenger cars are the vestibules, they are a bit cobby!  But other then that I have nothing but praise for them!
Open up the car, take out the springs, and glue the vestibule into that little groove. It looks a lot better. :)

good idea! I think Ill do that! All my other cars pretty much are equiped with rubber vestibules glued on the ends so it would go right along with them if I did that!

P40Power said:
The only thing I dont like about the Walther passenger cars are the vestibules, they are a bit cobby! But other then that I have nothing but praise for them!
Would agree here. But amfleets idea does come in handy.

No decals are currently made for a Heritage Dorm Lounge. The link Viewliner provided you in another post will bring you to Microscales website. Then go into the online catalog and click Amtrak. I have also provided a link to this website in other topics on this forum.

On a side note, are there any plans to repaint the Viewliners into a phase V variation, or have they decided to keep them in Phase 4 untill a phase 6.

Check Microscale.com, they have the best selection of decals I know of. If ya cant find what you are looking for there, use yahoo or any other search engine and type in what you are looking for and see if you can come up with any other companys that make them.

Back