Comet V Observations and Others

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viewliner

Engineer
Interesting thing I noticed on the comet V's, the one door in the cab end of cab cars can only be opened on High-Level platforms, which is different from previous designs. Anybody else realize this?

Yesterday I got to see a few interesting trains in Short Hills. Including:

3 car train for murray hill with 2 cab cars including Comet V Cab behind locomotive "F" end facing rear of train (Note above observation).

2 Diesel Powered trains, 1 with all Comet I equipment. (Rare on the M&E)

Basically got to see every generation of Comet equipment, ALP-44's, 46's, and GP Diesels. :D B)

Viewliner said:
Interesting thing I noticed on the comet V's, the one door in the cab end of cab cars can only be opened on High-Level platforms, which is different from previous designs. Anybody else realize this?
Yesterday I got to see a few interesting trains in Short Hills. Including:

3 car train for murray hill with 2 cab cars including Comet V Cab behind locomotive "F" end facing rear of train (Note above observation).

2 Diesel Powered trains, 1 with all Comet I equipment. (Rare on the M&E)

Basically got to see every generation of Comet equipment, ALP-44's, 46's, and GP Diesels. :D B)
Sounds like a cool day of train watching. I will be up in Summit in a few weeks. Plan to do a little myself. :)

Sounds like fun, another good place for train watching (NJ Transit) is Hoboken Terminal. Summit should have a lot of action considering its the stop before the Gladstone Branch splits from the Morristown line. Where are you from anyway?

Have fun. B)

Viewliner said:
Sounds like fun, another good place for train watching (NJ Transit) is Hoboken Terminal. Summit should have a lot of action considering its the stop before the Gladstone Branch splits from the Morristown line. Where are you from anyway?
Have fun. B)
Im from the Atlanta, Georgia area. How about yourself? I will actually be getting to New Jersey by way of the Crescent. This will be my 32nd trip on this particular train. Cant wait! :D

Back