Possible Derailment in Washington DC

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanB

Engineer
Honored Member
Due to an Amtrak derailment near our mid-day storage yard, we are unable to move the trainset for Fredericksburg Line train #313. As a result, we are returning southbound train #303 to Alexandria to operate as train #313.

No real details yet on this one. Don't know if it's in the yard or on the NEC, although with two exits from the yard it sounds like it's on the NEC. The above is from a Vriginia Railways Express update, which can be found here.

One final, unrelated thing to this topic. If you scroll down to the bottom of the page, you can see a real time tacking of all VRE trains.

It also includes Amtrak trains, although I don't know if it includes all Amtrak trains or just one's that honor VRE tickets. I thought that I would point this out, since we were just talking about this a few days ago on the now defunct board.

AlanB said:
One final, unrelated thing to this topic. If you scroll down to the bottom of the page, you can see a real time tacking of all VRE trains.
It also includes Amtrak trains, although I don't know if it includes all Amtrak trains or just one's that honor VRE tickets. I thought that I would point this out, since we were just talking about this a few days ago on the now defunct board.
VRE expert here :)

The TrainBrain does not track Amtrak trains, it just shows their position based on schedules...and only those that honor the 10-trip or monthly tickets -- it does however provide near realtime info on VRE trains and feeds delay information to passengers via on-platform LCD signs and automated announcements :)

I assume that it actually was at Ivy City because P019 got into Alexandria just fine....only 10 minutes late.

The thing is there's probably only one exit that can be accessed from the VRE yard -- I'm guessing this diagram should point that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back