Service and Crew Change locations for the SW Chief?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great link to the crew districts map!
As far as service stops for the SWC, I know it fuels in KCY (actually just west at the BNSF Argentine yards), and in ABQ. I think those are the only two fueling locations.
Does the diner get restocked anywhere or is the initial loadout from LAX/CHI all they get?

Great link to the crew districts map!
As far as service stops for the SWC, I know it fuels in KCY (actually just west at the BNSF Argentine yards), and in ABQ. I think those are the only two fueling locations.
Does the diner get restocked anywhere or is the initial loadout from LAX/CHI all they get?

I think the best answer is it depends. On our trip on the CZ, the lettuce they put on the train in Chicago was bad. So when we got to Denver one of the diner staff ran to Whole Foods to get some more. Then as we were descending the Sierra Nevada’s we got word that when that day’s 6 left EMY they weren’t stocked with enough chicken, so we stopped when we met them and passed around half of our stock over to there train. But I didn’t see any large amounts of food being restocked at any of the stops, but I also didn’t just watch the diner.

I think the best answer is it depends. On our trip on the CZ, the lettuce they put on the train in Chicago was bad. So when we got to Denver one of the diner staff ran to Whole Foods to get some more. Then as we were descending the Sierra Nevada’s we got word that when that day’s 6 left EMY they weren’t stocked with enough chicken, so we stopped when we met them and passed around half of our stock over to there train. But I didn’t see any large amounts of food being restocked at any of the stops, but I also didn’t just watch the diner.
It is not restocked anywhere...just emergency provisions such as mentioned above.

Back