New Canada-US Customs Pre-Clearance

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Other than the train being gone, this is a sad reminder of two things: the prices and Amtrak's switch to Pepsi.:(

I, too, deplore the lack of products other than Pepsi aboard. So I drink Jack Daniel's instead. No need for Diet or sugar free...

I, too, deplore the lack of products other than Pepsi aboard. So I drink Jack Daniel's instead. No need for Diet or sugar free...
As a longtime Coke-aholic I have been known to make decisions based on its availability. I also have a great deal of respect for Jack's product, finding the two are best when mixed in perfect proportion. Fortunately both VIA Rail and my airline of choice are still Coke. My favorite hotel chain not so much.:(

Here we are in April 2023 and nothing seems to be happening on this.

I tried googling for an update and up popped this thread from 2019.

What prompted me to look was finding out that an airline has been looking at Quebec City/Logan daily service from Jean Lesage International Airport as US preclearance was included in the new agreement but of course, everything stopped in 2020.

So does anyone know the current plans?

So does anyone know the current plans?
From what I have heard, the proposed Montreal Central Station C&I facility is almost back to square one. The new provincial Government of Quebec has put everything on hold and ordered a new planning process to figure out whether and how much funding is required before doing anything further. So at best it is several years away. Meanwhile things carry on as before with CBSA inspection at Lacolle for Canada bound trains and US CBP inspections at Rouses Point for US bound trains. For now at least both inspections are on board the train.

Back