No vote on Amtrak Board appointments

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was pretty much a foregone conclusion even before the latest round of hearings started. And oddly I get the impression that very few people are particularly unhappy about the status quo as far as Board membership goes, beyond the pre-existing unhappiness. But that is with Obama appointees and nothing can be done about it anyway, short of enticing the members with large sums of money to resign, but then all that you get is three more Trump nominations. I think it will stay this way till after the 2020 elections.

As it says in the article quoting Sean Jeans-Gail ...
"If you have someone who has actual antipathy towards the mission that Amtrak was chartered on, I’d rather have no one there," said Sean Jeans-Gail, a vice president at the National Association of Railroad Passengers.

I have been in recent contact with both my states Senators(Florida) asking them to vote NO on these nominations.

I am backing pretty much anyone other than Biden in the Democratic primary, but I will say, if "Amtrak Joe" Biden becomes President, we will get much more Amtrak-friendly nominations, and everyone in the Senate knows it. (And we probably will get Amtrak-friendly nominations from any of the other Democrats as well.) Therefore Amtrak supporters in the Senate have every reason to leave the Board seats vacant until 2021.

I am backing pretty much anyone other than Biden in the Democratic primary, but I will say, if "Amtrak Joe" Biden becomes President, we will get much more Amtrak-friendly nominations, and everyone in the Senate knows it. (And we probably will get Amtrak-friendly nominations from any of the other Democrats as well.) Therefore Amtrak supporters in the Senate have every reason to leave the Board seats vacant until 2021.

Isn't this what "Moscow Mitch "( aka "Machine Gun Mitch") did with Obama's Supreme Court and other Judicial Appointments?

Yes, I know this is SOP in the Swamp known as the Senate, they all do it!:rolleyes:

We can get rid of lots of these Creatures in 2020! Register and "Vote Early and Often" as they say in Chicago!;)

Back