Pacific Parlour 39972 en route to Wisconsin

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtabern

Conductor
Railfans in Indiana, Illinois, and Wisconsin should keep and eye out for former Pacific Parlour Car 39972 which is slated to move out of Beech Grove, IN possibly today or later this week. Will be taken in freight service to Chicago Kirk Yard and then up on the CN through Antioch, IL -- Waukesha, WI --- and Stevens Point en route to the wonderful tourist railroad in Spooner, WI.

If anyone can get any photos --- please post them here and email me at [email protected]

Also post in this thread when you saw the car and when so others can see it.

Our non-profit manages www.pacificparlourcar.com and will post your photos with credit.

Would love to catch this move!

(Disclaimer --- this can get changed up on the whim of CN, too!)

Having rode these between LA and San Jose probably close to 50 times over the years I still have a tear in my eye looking at those photos.

Sentiment aside they still had life in them and served a purpose at least until new first class lounges could be converted/bought for the Starlight (and I don’t mean as V2 diners are being used now).

What will be in the new first class lounges?

No real plans to have a First Class Lounge. Just a wishful thinking. The Viewliner 2 Dinner on the Lake Shore Limited is call a Sleeper Class Lounge. The one staff member will heat up and service you a box meal. If your traveling by sleeper you can hang out at the table if you want.

Back