Texas Eagle Delays

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you think the Eagle is the only one? Let us look at the Crescent . Although numbers are not completely accurate. From Jan 11,2018 to today
19 average delay to NOL 2:49, 16 over 6 hours late, 4 on time
20 Wash avg delay 2:21, 22 over 6hrs, 16 on time .
Note for what ever reason both 19 and 29 average over 25 minutes under schedule between Gastonia <> Greensboro.

Did not check NYP as Amtrak almost always saves schedule time between Was <> NYP.

ASM Tranist doc is not showing a 22 leaving San Antonio today. Anyone know why?

21 (8) was terminated in Fort Worth on account of lateness. 22 is scheduled to originate in Fort Worth, or should I say was scheduled as it's overdue now.

https://twitter.com/AmtrakAlerts/status/1115932556615090181

Texas Eagle Train 22 that is scheduled to depart San Antonio (SAS) on 4/10 will originate in Fort Worth (FTW) with buses being provided between SAS & FTW.
6:00 AM - 10 Apr 2019

Last edited:
West Point, couldn't agree with you more concerning the Crescent. The Texas Eagle and the Crescent are the two worst time performers in the entire system. In fact, the Crescent is actually worse because it's virtually NEVER on time. You might get lucky on the Eagle. The clog up west of Atlanta shows no signs of being remedied. It's been going on for over a year.

D73daHZXYAAxJ4h

Wow, that sucks about the Texas Eagle being suspended between Fort Worth and Saint Louis. Good news the Southwest Chief was restored west of KC, when that briefly got suspended because of flooding. Is the Missouri River Runner still suspended, or has that been restored?

Is the Missouri River Runner still suspended, or has that been restored?

I'm booked on River Runner 314 on Sunday June 9th and just got a call that there is a service disruption and alternate transportation will be provided. The service alert on Amtrak.com currently says that service is only disrupted through June 5th, so I'm not entirely sure which alert is accurate.

I'm booked on River Runner 314 on Sunday June 9th and just got a call that there is a service disruption and alternate transportation will be provided. The service alert on Amtrak.com currently says that service is only disrupted through June 5th, so I'm not entirely sure which alert is accurate.

That's too bad service is still suspended. And weird to think once the Southwest Chief was restored west of KC, that the Texas Eagle got suspended between Saint Louis and Fort Worth. With no alternate bustitution or any alternate routing for the Texas Eagle, being possible for this train at all to get around the flooding disruption.

Now this makes me wonder, what other common track reroutes do Amtrak long distance trains often do, besides the southern Wyoming route for the CA Zephyr they can use if there's a disruption in CO?

Back