Texas Eagle/Sunset Limited El Paso Burrito Lady

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I do. A few years ago I rode westbound for Christmas and it was a perfect moment to buy homemade food from a lady selling out of a cooler at the station. The food was really good.

I also decorated my roomette for Christmas with a few inexpensive garlands and lights I bought at CVS. The crew got quite a kick out of it.

In every picture I've seen of the burrito lady she has on a cap/hat/hoodie and sunglasses. Is she concealing her identity? Does anyone know her identity? If you all get sick eating her burritos, CDC can't locate her LOL.

In every picture I've seen of the burrito lady she has on a cap/hat/hoodie and sunglasses. Is she concealing her identity? Does anyone know her identity? If you all get sick eating her burritos, CDC can't locate her LOL.

Unless you've been out in West Texas summer HEAT for any length of time, you won't understand why being well protected from the sun is necessary. Even 10 minutes on the platform at ELP is pushing it for this New Englander

The Sun in El Paso is Very Intense and it is regularly over 100 with Low Humidity!

Think Baking a Cake and you'll see why people dress like this in Paso del Norte!

Unless you've been out in West Texas summer HEAT for any length of time, you won't understand why being well protected from the sun is necessary. Even 10 minutes on the platform at ELP is pushing it for this New Englander
What does wearing hoodies, hats, and shades have to do with heat?

Last edited:
Don't know about the hoodie, but the sun in the SW is SO intense that you have to wear a hat. I hate hats, but after a walk a few years back in only 72 F temperatures with a mild breeze nearly put me in a coffin because of the heat from the solar gain (of course, ABQ is at altitude also), I gave in and bought a hat that I wear if I'm going to be in the sun for any length of time. There is also a lot of photons and glare with that intense sun, so most wear sunglasses. Sometimes I do, but my eyes like all those photons.

I've seen a lot of Hispanics wear hoodies to keep out of sun such as arms, neck, head, etc. Think of Middle East where sun is really intense.

You are assuming the Burrito Lady is Hispanic because she sells burritos? Or because she is in El Paso? Either way you are stereotyping!

A flash from the past. Joe Hess buying all of the burritos he could carry from the Burrito Lady. The Two Joes bought these on every occasion but this was the last time...we both got food poisoning for a couple of days.

A flash from the past. Joe Hess buying all of the burritos he could carry from the Burrito Lady. The Two Joes bought these on every occasion but this was the last time...we both got food poisoning for a couple of days.

Joe, thanks for sharing the great photo. I hope you are doing well.

Back