Amtrak Share Fares

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DivMiler

Lead Service Attendant
I just received an email announcing "Amtrak Share Fares". The more companions one has, the cheaper the ticket:

Passenger 1 – full price
Passenger 2 – 15% off full price
Passenger 3 – 60% off full price
Passenger 4 – 70% off full price

So, if I'm reading this correctly, two traveling companions save 7.5%, three traveling companions save 25%, and four traveling companions save 36.25% overall.

This sounds like a pretty good deal; it is good on most routes (excludes AutoTrain, and Virginia Northeast Regional trains, and bus routes). The tickets must be purchased at least three days in advance, and the offer seems to be ongoing.

No, that’s how you GET a new customer to ride for maybe the first time. Most of Anderson’s decisions will ensure that said new customer will not repeat ride.

What downgrades have happened to coach (where this deal applies?) Other than the Lake Shore and the Capitol no longer having the option of a diner for coach passengers to buy a meal (which was offset somewhat by better cafe car food,) I'm not recalling any major changes or downgrades to the coach product that were instigated under Anderson's tenure. If anything, the seat refurbishment on the Amfleets is a bit of a positive, though I can't recall if that was an Anderson initiative or not.

Back