Texas Eagle late leaving SAS (11/13)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frequentflyer

Conductor
Left SAT 3 hours 25 min late, anyone know why when the connecting #2 is only 30 minutes (with the SL its relative) late heading to Houston.

Last edited by a moderator:
21 (11) arrived at San Antonio 10 hours late, so I assume 22(13) had to wait for some equipment.

21 (11) arrived at San Antonio 10 hours late, so I assume 22(13) had to wait for some equipment.
A couple years ago, on one of my 'joyrides', I took #21 to SAS and back the next AM on #22.  I also stayed at the hotel about a block from the station.  I walked there right behind the train crew and OBS crew.  And the next morning, they were the outbound crew!  So, given that #21 was quite late, it's likely the crew had to get its mandatory/legally required rest period before getting back on the train.  Cleaning, restocking, and turning the train also takes some time, as well.

A couple years ago, on one of my 'joyrides', I took #21 to SAS and back the next AM on #22.  I also stayed at the hotel about a block from the station.  I walked there right behind the train crew and OBS crew.  And the next morning, they were the outbound crew!  So, given that #21 was quite late, it's likely the crew had to get its mandatory/legally required rest period before getting back on the train.  Cleaning, restocking, and turning the train also takes some time, as well.
The FTW crew gets off in AUS, and a SAS (?) crew takes it from SAS to AUS, waits all day in AUS in some hotel, and returns on 21 to SAS that evening.

Would you share the name of that hotel? I am tentively planning a trip in 2019 to San Antonio.
Your memory must be getting as bad as mine.  I could remember posting the info a couple weeks ago, but had to search a couple of sites to figure out where I posted it.  I did it right here in the visitors forum a little more than a week ago.   San Antonio Hotels

The FTW crew gets off in AUS, and a SAS (?) crew takes it from SAS to AUS, waits all day in AUS in some hotel, and returns on 21 to SAS that evening.
This is incorrect. The Engineer is the only one who gets off in Austin,( they run FTW-AUS, the relief Engineer AUS-SAS) the Conductors work FTW-SAS and the OBS work CHI-SAS.

Several years,ago the Diner Crew on #21would get off in Austin, then return on #22 to Chicago the next morning resilting in a Boxed Breakfast being served to Sleeper Pax out of SAS,SMC and AUS.

This is incorrect. The Engineer is the only one who gets off in Austin,( they run FTW-AUS, the relief Engineer AUS-SAS) the Conductors work FTW-SAS and the OBS work CHI-SAS.

Several years,ago the Diner Crew on #21would get off in Austin, then return on #22 to Chicago the next morning resilting in a Boxed Breakfast being served to Sleeper Pax out of SAS,SMC and AUS.
Thank you for the correction. FTW Engineer only gets off at AUS.

Your memory must be getting as bad as mine.  I could remember posting the info a couple weeks ago, but had to search a couple of sites to figure out where I posted it.  I did it right here in the visitors forum a little more than a week ago.   San Antonio Hotels
It seems a bit harsh to tell someone that they must have bad memory, just because they don't recall what you said the name of the hotel was multiple weeks ago, especially since it apparently took you multiple attempts to figure out where you posted it.  :rolleyes:

It seems a bit harsh to tell someone that they must have bad memory, just because they don't recall what you said the name of the hotel was multiple weeks ago, especially since it apparently took you multiple attempts to figure out where you posted it.  :rolleyes:
You will understand  when you get ( a lot) older.... Many older folks commiserate with each other about failing memories....

Back