Lake Shore Limited, Capitol Limited Rider New Menu Reviews

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't remember her name, but she was very proud of the PPC, and would advertise her "famous" blood Mary's.
Reminds me of the cafe attendant on the CZ a couple years ago who kept on reminding passengers over the PA to "come on down to the lounge car" and buy his "infamous" Bloody Marys. He also did some drink trivia about the Big Lebowski over the PA, which segued into a reminder to buy that drink from him.

The boxed breakfast, however.... I call it "The Sugar Bomb." Here's what you get. A Kashi bar (sugar), a yogurt parfait with vanilla sweetened yogurt (sugar) and granola (sugar) and blueberries (healthy sugar). A fruit plate (also healthy sugar). A muffin (and as we all know, muffins are cupcakes). This is a travesty of a breakfast for anyone who depends on some form of protein in the morning.
came in on the CL this afternoon from Chicago and totally agree. We were 3 hours late into DC and I was so hungry / devoid of protein by the time we got there that I inhaled two meals' worth of cheese as fast as I humanly could to avoid passing out. I don't particularly like eating sugar in the mornings but there were no other options I was aware of...

The veg dinner was fine, though. The wrap had lots of fresh veggies and hummus and there was a quinoa/edamame salad too. Airplane-like but totally serviceable and I went to sleep content.

Last edited by a moderator:
The boxed breakfast, however.... I call it "The Sugar Bomb." Here's what you get. A Kashi bar (sugar), a yogurt parfait with vanilla sweetened yogurt (sugar) and granola (sugar) and blueberries (healthy sugar). A fruit plate (also healthy sugar). A muffin (and as we all know, muffins are cupcakes). This is a travesty of a breakfast for anyone who depends on some form of protein in the morning.
came in on the CL this afternoon from Chicago and totally agree. We were 3 hours late into DC and I was so hungry / devoid of protein by the time we got there that I inhaled two meals' worth of cheese as fast as I humanly could to avoid passing out. I don't particularly like eating sugar in the mornings but there were no other options I was aware of...

The veg dinner was fine, though. The wrap had lots of fresh veggies and hummus and there was a quinoa/edamame salad too. Airplane-like but totally serviceable and I went to sleep content.
How was the "vegan dessert bar"?

How was the "vegan dessert bar"?
It was this, I think: https://shop.pureorganic.com/Chocolate-Brownie/p/PURE-001018&c=PureBar@Bars

Thought it was fine, though if I had been in the mood for actual dessert I might have been disappointed.
Thanks. I'm a pescatarian (can eat fish but no meat), and I'm pretty annoyed that the new menu has literally one option I can eat. It's especially frustrating that I can't even choose my dessert, considering the salted caramel cheesecake sounds a hell of a lot better than that dessert bar.

Back