NEC Visible Stations (Trivia)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dnsommer2013

Train Attendant
Which Amtrak NEC stations are visible from I-95? The only one I can think of is Stamford, Ct.

Hmm, a passenger in a car headed north MIGHT be able to see WIL. Don't know since I'm always driving.

I need clarification. Are you referring to stations that only Amtrak trains service or stations along the NEC that any train services?

If you're talking about the former (which I suspect), I'll go with RTE 128, STM, NRO (if you crane your neck and look down), WIL, CWH and NCR.

Isn't 30th street?
No. 30th Street is next to I-76 (Schuylkill Expressway). I-95 is next to the Delaware River at Penn's Landing.
Cornwells Heights PA (CWH) is next to I-95 just north of Philadelphia. It is primarily a SEPTA stop, but a couple of Amtrak trains call there as well. (Just saw that CWH was mentioned above)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I'm thinking of. I avoid Philly. There isn't much of a garment industry there anymore, the main reason I go there is to buy sales equipment from Gershell Brothers, the only tribesmen I know who sells near me.

You can actually kind of see the PVD station from 95 if you crane your head over the side and look through where the mall goes over the river and the tracks. The mall (providence place) is between 95 and the station.

If you know what you're looking for, you can see New London, CT from the Gold Star Bridge over the Thames.

I think Bridgeport is visible. New Haven is probably arguable (depending on what you count parts of the I-95/I-91 interchange as being on, some of the flyovers probably have a solid view).

Old Saybrook seems to be a bust...you might have a technical glimpse when the leaves are off, but despite the stop being located at a junction that "should" be visible (I think), it looks like it's just a bad angle compounded by single track on the spur.

Back