Amsnag?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://amwatch.hostzi.com/

When I click on that link I get a tiny Amsnag in the upper left corner, which then links me to Amsnag. FWIW netfirms.com seems to be off the air, as is biketrain.netfirms.com. Neither will ping.

Tried the new, more complete link and got to the Amsnag home page. As before however, after I enter the stations and other info and submit, I get a blank page. Couldn't get it to work the other day, either.

FWIW netfirms.com seems to be off the air, as is biketrain.netfirms.com. Neither will ping.
The original version of Amsnag resided at Netfirms, a web hosting service. Then Amtrak blocked the IP address coming from Netfirms; and it was moved to an AU member's server that issues dynamic IP's. Then another member purchased the domain name, amsnag.net, and pointed it to the latter site. After a while, Amtrak stopped blocking the old site, or it changed its IP address, and it again worked. But not wanting to confuse the issue since ansnag.net was working fine, I kept quiet.

In the mean time when my contract at Netfirms expired, I moved to another hosting service. Somehow or another, amsnag.net latched on to this new site. Since it is under construction, I redirected it to another location http://amwatch.hostzi.com/amSnag.php, which incidently uses a free hosting service.

Tried the new, more complete link and got to the Amsnag home page. As before however, after I enter the stations and other info and submit, I get a blank page. Couldn't get it to work the other day, either.
It's working for me. What is the data that you're entering?

jb
I just tried amsnag.net and bikenet and they both said not found. http://amwatch.hostzi.com/ worked but returned a blank page from vnc to sea 10/01/13 for 15 days. I used it extensively in the last three days and it really helped me book a very long trip, but there clearly are a few problems.

A couple of times lately I have had the same experience... but when I scrolled down the blank page, all the data was there... it just had a large blank area at the top... try that.

Working fine for me. Much thanks to the PaulM. I took the California Zephyr to Emeryville on Wednesday and returned home today. Thanks to Amsnag I was able to purchase low bucket fare and get a roomette.

Working fine for me. Much thanks to the PaulM. I took the California Zephyr to Emeryville on Wednesday and returned home today. Thanks to Amsnag I was able to purchase low bucket fare and get a roomette.
OK, that is it, there is a very large blank area sometimes as you scroll down before you get to the info. It is not visible even for ful screen, you must scroll down. When I have some time, I,ll see if I can identify the conditions.

It's working for me. What is the data that you're entering?

jb
I just tried amsnag.net and bikenet and they both said not found. http://amwatch.hostz...zi.com/ worked but returned a blank page from vnc to sea 10/01/13 for 15 days. I used it extensively in the last three days and it really helped me book a very long trip, but there clearly are a few problems.
I tried that data for a couple of days and found that there are 7 results entries for each day. It seems that trying to get 15 days worth of results at one time is pushing the limits of the system. You'll have to try getting a few days at a time.

jb

It seems that trying to get 15 days worth of results at one time is pushing the limits of the system. You'll have to try getting a few days at a time.
As I said this is a free hosting service; and, in this case anyway, it's a matter of getting what you pay for. A while back, I put a command in the program to display the results as they are retreived. Apparently, whereas Foxfile seems to respect that command, Internet Explorer doesn't, rather waits until all x days are retreived. So if the output was mainly blank space, it means the server timed out before all the results were retreived and downloaded.

So I moved it over to a faster server which can be found at

biketrain.net/amsnag/

I would be interested in knowing if anyone else observes the difference in how IE vs. Firefox display they output.

OK, that is it, there is a very large blank area sometimes as you scroll down before you get to the info. It is not visible even for ful screen, you must scroll down. When I have some time, I,ll see if I can identify the conditions.
I can't seem to duplicate it now. Maybe it has been fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back