I finally got a good point run

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
whoo hoo... Ive been trying to do dallas to ftw.....ftw to dal point runs all week. train 21 had not been co operating. today 21 was only a little late late into dallas, and 22 was a little late in to ftw.it worked out ok today and i am on 22 back to dallas.for triple points. hopefully can do same tomorrow.

Isn't 14 dollars round trip?

Last time I bought a ticket for FTW in DAL the ticket agent looked at me like I was crazy and made sure that I wanted to ride Amtrak and not the TRE which costs 2 dollars less.

Good for you!!! I had a great points run planned too,STP-KIS, round & round. But, the guy I've been wanting to hire for a little Home Remodeling came to me at the last minute. Guess when he was available??? :giggle: Well, I cancelled my pts. run trip. Ya know, I need to get my priorities straight!!! :lol:

I just squeezed in a FTW-DAL-FTW Points run this week as well, and of course, had to do a NOR-FTW-NOR Points run as well to get there :) That made for a couple days of visiting Dallas and exploring DART Rail, something I have never done before as when I go to Dallas, I usually do so by car. And when I inquired in Dallas as to when the late Eagle to FTW would be in, the agent said I need to take TRE-I said "NO" because I don't get 300 Points on TRE :lol:

It's funny how much Amtrak agents seem to vary in their understanding of the concept of "points runs." I essentially had to track down a conductor on the Surfliner between BUR and LAX on National Train Day, but she knew exactly why I was doing it- especially when I said it was triple-points time.

Yea, I've been questioned by the ticket agents too, since we have the TRE(which is cheaper) and more reliable. As soon as I mention points tho, I get the ol' Amtrak nod. My point runs always start in FTW with a TRE(non point run) :angry2: over to Dallas with a run up to Plano or over to Garland on the Dart. Haven't done the green line over to Carrolton yet, And can't wait for the A-Train up to Denton which ties in to the Dart system. I buy a regional pass for the Dart & TRE which covers all trains and busses. And I buy my point runs in advance with AAA discount. When I ride trains I ride trains :wub: and DFW has plenty of options. and Rail freak if you had priorties right, why'd you miss the train :lol: JK I hope the 21 & 22 co operate tomorrow. I'll have to cut back tomorrow though since wife and grandaughter have a little trouble keeping up.

It's funny how much Amtrak agents seem to vary in their understanding of the concept of "points runs." I essentially had to track down a conductor on the Surfliner between BUR and LAX on National Train Day, but she knew exactly why I was doing it- especially when I said it was triple-points time.
I think we might've been on the same train, as I've also had to track the conductor down and she knew what I was going to say before I said it :D

If you think ticket agents look at you odd when you do something like that, just imagine walking into the First Class car on Acela in Boston and finding the same exact attendant who just served you 2 hours earlier on your trip north from NYP. :eek:

I just got back from my second triple points run this week. (5 miles each way: Winter Park to Orlando and back). Usually, I have to find the conductor to relinquish my ticket, but this week, they found me.

I just got back from my second triple points run this week. (5 miles each way: Winter Park to Orlando and back). Usually, I have to find the conductor to relinquish my ticket, but this week, they found me.
I'd've done a few more under triple points, but every points run out of RIV begins the same way- #3, 5:53 am. (NTD I did RIV-LAX-BUR-LAX-RIV for a cool 1,200.) You guys can say I don't have my priorities straight, but I'm sleeping in!

You guys in the NEC, and out in Cali. can really rack up some points in a short time.And I thought I was lucky with the 21 to 22 connx. bak n forth to dallas and ftw. You should be select + by the end of feb. :lol:

Edit: just checked status for #21 today5/22/11(first day after triple points expire) 40 minute EARLY. after running an hour to two late all week! :lol: just my luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back