Superliner Bedroom Closet

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BOSMike

Train Attendant
I've done a few searches on the forum here as well as Amtrak's site and a few others. One thing I've failed to find is any info on what size the closet is in a Superliner Bedroom. I know it's a "small" closet, but does anyone know the width/height of it? Just curious how my existing garment bag might fit in there. Does the size of the closet also vary depending on the bedroom (A-E) location?

Thanks!

Mike

Small does not describe it. A garment bag will not fit. Certainly not a suitcase either. Don't plan on putting anything in it and then be pleasantly surprised when you can get something in it.

Small does not describe it. A garment bag will not fit. Certainly not a suitcase either. Don't plan on putting anything in it and then be pleasantly surprised when you can get something in it.
I managed to get a coat in it; but that was about all that would fit!

Thanks!

I guess it is safe to assume it's a closet for a jacket and not intended for a garment bag.

Mike

Thanks!
I guess it is safe to assume it's a closet for a jacket and not intended for a garment bag.

Mike
Good assumption. You get three hangers and you can easily hang a coat or suit, shirt and pants (or some similar combination) in the closet.

Thanks!

Mike
Good assumption. You get three hangers and you can easily hang a coat or suit, shirt and pants (or some similar combination) in the closet.

Don't COUNT on getting ANY hangers..I've had to ask for them in the past on some trips.

Thanks!

Mike

Don't COUNT on getting ANY hangers..I've had to ask for them in the past on some trips.
I have never not found hangers in the room on the CS and EB.

I suppose that goes for all things Amtrak, you can't count on any of the small things. Expect the unexpected, it's part of the journey!

The best way to view an Amtrak bedroom, is that except for the beds/sofa and chair everything else is pretty compact. The closet is good for about 4 garments or 1 laptop or coat. We always use it to free up some space in the room. The bathroom while efficient is similar to that in a trailer. You've got everything that you will need but its nor spacious by any standard.

The best way to view an Amtrak bedroom, is that except for the beds/sofa and chair everything else is pretty compact. The closet is good for about 4 garments or 1 laptop or coat. We always use it to free up some space in the room. The bathroom while efficient is similar to that in a trailer. You've got everything that you will need but its nor spacious by any standard.

If one is sitting in the chair & if the door is open, can they see the view out the oposite side of the train?

RF

If one is sitting in the chair & if the door is open, can they see the view out the oposite side of the train?

RF
You would need to lean forward to do that, but it is possible. Remember the bathroom & sink is in the way. Much easier to view from the sofa. Part of our CZ trip, I stood in the doorway & took pics of Donner Pass & Donner Lake.

RF
You would need to lean forward to do that, but it is possible. Remember the bathroom & sink is in the way. Much easier to view from the sofa. Part of our CZ trip, I stood in the doorway & took pics of Donner Pass & Donner Lake.
Also, you do not have to leave the DOOR open, the door has a large window in it so you simply have to leave the curtain open.

Coat hangers would be just one more thing to rattle in the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back