Train Hits Truck Near Auburn, IL

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BeckysBarn

Lead Service Attendant
This is within a 1/2 mile or so of my house. I didn't hear a crash, but did hear the whistle blow - a lot. I noticed the train was going very, very slowly - maybe 10-20 mph. I think the paper has the wrong time - it states it happened at 4:50pm. The TE leaves SPI (Springfield) about 5:14pm.

It is a very, very rough track. However, we have never had any problem seeing both ways (it's a straight shot - no curves) or hearing the whistle as the train approaches.

One curious thing, the 21, 321 & 421 all arrived at CRV (Carlinville) 29 minutes late. But by the time they got to STL #321 was more than 30 minutes behind #21 & #421! (Source: Amtrak's website)

Forgot to date the crash: 09/17/2009

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds like he got a ticket.

"Barnes was cited for failure to yield at a railroad crossing."

glad nobody hurt.

This is within a 1/2 mile or so of my house. I didn't hear a crash, but did hear the whistle blow - a lot. I noticed the train was going very, very slowly - maybe 10-20 mph. I think the paper has the wrong time - it states it happened at 4:50pm. The TE leaves SPI (Springfield) about 5:14pm.
It is a very, very rough track. However, we have never had any problem seeing both ways (it's a straight shot - no curves) or hearing the whistle as the train approaches.

One curious thing, the 21, 321 & 421 all arrived at CRV (Carlinville) 29 minutes late. But by the time they got to STL #321 was more than 30 minutes behind #21 & #421! (Source: Amtrak's website)

Forgot to date the crash: 09/17/2009
Thats called bringin up the rear!!! Glad the boob wasnt hurt, hope no pax or crew were injured or traumatized! We still lead the world in car hits train incidents! (I like to call it suicide by vehicle!). :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back