Superliner I

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I found a manual for SuperLiner cars.

After looking through it, I found some interesting things.

Where does it say anything about lounge/cafe cars?

Where is the common shower in the sleeper?

It doesn't mention the shoe-shine door.

page 16:

What is the "women's lounge" in the Coach now used for?

page 119:

It talks about a dump valve. Weren't direct dump toilets banned?

At the time the manual came out, only the 101 coaches and a very small number of diners and sleepers had been delivered. Pullman found itself involved in a rather long strike at that time. So, rather than have the coaches sitting around, Amtrak converted a dozen coaches to coach-cafe cars and ran the cars, with coaches, out of Chicago on day trains.

Lounge, Coach-Baggage, and the bulk of the Diners & Sleepers were built later.

I covered the toilet deal on a very recent Superliner post. Superliners are actually older than the no-hopper-toilet rule.

page 16:

page 119:

The common shower is really a roomette comon shower, its on the lower llevel next to the toilets.

The womans lounge is on the lower level of the coach car, at the end of the toilet hallway. It has a Womens Symbol on the door. I'm not sure but I t think it has both symbols now and no lock. A large mirror that two could use for makeup etc. Also a toilet behind another door. Jim

page 16:

page 119:

The common shower is really a roomette comon shower, its on the lower llevel next to the toilets.

The womans lounge is on the lower level of the coach car, at the end of the toilet hallway. It has a Womens Symbol on the door. I'm not sure but I t think it has both symbols now and no lock. A large mirror that two could use for makeup etc. Also a toilet behind another door. Jim
Yup...I was on the CapLim and all the other toilets were in use, so I opened the door to the women's lounge to see if that toilet was open and stumbled in on a lady sitting there! I was in such shock and quickly backed out that I didn't notice if she was just sitting or putting makeup on or even changing, but it was a bit embarrassing. The lack of a lock was an interesting decision on Amtrak's part for those cars...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back