New Profile Posts

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

1. EMTDON
    EMTDON
    Hello all! I'm back!
  2. drdumont
    drdumont niemi24s
    Where did you come up with that jewel? Although I know most of the songs by heart, I would love to get an audio copy of that recording my disc disappeared long ago (probably about the time I got married - lots of things seemed to disappear one she moved in 50 years ago.. If you have the time and inclination, you can email the files to me at drdumont@dumont.tv.
    Thanks.
  3. Rail Freak
    Rail Freak the_traveler
    Even though we never met, I've always enjoyed & respected you posts here on AU, Thanx!!!
  4. treyk119
    treyk119
    CSX Engineer/Conductor
  5. treyk119
    treyk119
    CSX Engineer
  6. Bob Dylan
    Bob Dylan tonys96
    Great seeing you again and meeting your lovely bride! Thanks Tony! Let me know if yall get to Austin! Jom
    1. tonys96
      tonys96
      Thanks. Had a blast. Glad you and Tisha met.
      Nov 5, 2019
  7. jazzpianoman
    jazzpianoman
    Hoping to start a YouTube channel with train videos soon!
  8. Railroad Bill
    Railroad Bill AmtrakBlue
    I am going to hold all three places for another week or so and see how things are at that point. Hoping the weather cools down in Dallas area since my heart issues do not like extreme heat. Of course tonight we have a freeze warning so it is finally getting to be like fall in Ohio. Will see you on 21 on that Wed 10-30/ Looks like quite a crowd of AUers on that train.
    1. AmtrakBlue
      AmtrakBlue
      I can't get into this holding 3 hotels at the same time though I know AUers do it.
      I'm back to looking at hotels again in New Orleans since my hostel is right across the street from that building collapse. Though I hope things are stabilized by the time I get there. I might put a room "on hold" somewhere just in case.
      Oct 13, 2019
  9. Railroad Bill
    Railroad Bill AmtrakBlue
    Hi Betty,
    I have reservations at HGI, Hampton and Homewood Suites trying to cover various bases. I think Penny & Dick are at the HGI but they do not have a free breakfast. It is closer to the DART station than the Hampton, though. I noticed you switched to Homewood. Any particular reason other than price?
    RRB
    1. AmtrakBlue
      AmtrakBlue
      Closer to the West End station. I think that was the main reason...I can't remember even though I just switched last week. :p
      I was originally booked in the HGI, then switched to the Hampton - for the laundry valet since I'm traveling for 2 weeks - going to do the CONO and Crescent with 2 nights in NOL. Not sure if I'll use the service, but figured it might come in handy.
      Oct 13, 2019
  10. Railroad Bill
    Railroad Bill Bob Dylan
    Hi Jim,
    Yes, big game for UT this weekend. I think they have a shot at beating Oklahoma if they play well. OSU has a bye week this Saturday and then a Friday night game at NW in Chicago.
    Claudia is not coming since her health issues from earlier this year and inability to ride long distances on the train will keep her at home this time. Look forward to seeing you on Friday PM in Dallas.
    1. Bob Dylan likes this.
    2. Bob Dylan
      Bob Dylan
      Sorry to hear about Claudia!

Yall enjoy OKC, I really enjoyed my trip this Summer since I was Shocked how much they've fixed up Downtown OKC from the Old Days!

The Flyer is a nice ride, look for the Arkansas River on the left side on the way up if it's still Light, right side on the way back.

Lots of nice farms and small towns too, not the Oklahoma most people think of!

See ya in Big D!!!
      Oct 10, 2019
  11. Railroad Bill
    Railroad Bill Bob Dylan
    Hi Jim, I see you are heading to Dallas for the Gathering. I will be arriving on Thursday PM but plan to go on to FTW and ride on the HF to OKC that evening and return on Friday. Believe Penny and Shanghai are going as well. Where are you staying in Dallas. I was torn between HGI and Hampton downtown. Free Breakfast vs close to DART lines. Still trying to decide.
    RRB Ashland, Oh
    1. Bob Dylan
      Bob Dylan
      Hi Bill! I 'll be sharing a Room with Chris D @ the Hilton near American Airlines Center on the Dart Route

Coming on Thursday from Austin on 22/422 with some AU friends, will return on #21/421 on Monday since I have to work that week @ UT. Will not be going to OKC. Is Claudia coming with you?

Looks like OSU is rolling, Texas and Oklahoma play Saturday, it's always a War!!
      Oct 10, 2019
  12. Railroad Bill
    Railroad Bill the_traveler
    Hi Dave,
    Are you planning to come to the Gathering in Dallas? We have had an interesting year with some serious health issues but are feeling better and I will make the trip via CL and TE if things continue to go well. Claudia will not be coming since she has trouble being on the train for longer distances now. Hope things are going well with you and look forward to seeing you if you make the trip.
    RR Bill
  13. Tom Booth
    Tom Booth
    Amtrak rider: Acela, Adirondack, NE Corridor, CL, LSL, CZ, EB, SC, Coast Starlight, San Joaquins, Pennsylvanian
  14. B
    Blaquafina
    Probably watching one of Youtuuba's videos
  15. Tom Booth
    Tom Booth
    change name to TB
  16. A
    AKA Everydaymatters
    I noticed your post about using oxygen on your trip. My wife is on 2lts. She has a portable unit. It's a simply go pulse unit good for about 8-9 hours. How are you handling long distance travel ?
    1. E
      Everydaymatters
      There are outlets at each seat and with a portable unit, she should be able to charge the battery. She'll need to maybe just stay seated to preserve her energy while it is charging. This might be a duplicate reply because I did answer your question earlier, but I'm not sure if it went through.
      Sep 13, 2019
    2. A
      AKA
      Thanks,We have the train part down. Just wandering about off train and overnight. Her unit is not for sleeping. She can use it while sleeping, but it is a hassel. Her unit has about 8-9 hours battery life and will run for days on end. Just afraid to try a trip because of Amtraks OTP and connection problems. Thank you again.
      Sep 17, 2019
  17. SheilaAverbuch
    SheilaAverbuch
    researching children's book
  18. Qapla
    Qapla
    Looking for Tickets
  19. h
    hundredakerwood
    Mid planning USA and Canada trips.
  20. Rheavon
    Rheavon
    Looking forward to my next rail adventure!
  21. c
    como kywingnut
    A little more about Ottumwa and parking. The parking lot in Ottumwa is next to the station and there are signs inside the station directing people on where to park. I've parked their about 10 times over the past 4 years without any problems. Ottumwa is a crew change point for Amtrak and seems to have a relatively large group of passengers boarding.
  22. jimmrl
    jimmrl
    17,000 miles - Texas Eagle - Sunset Limited - California Zephyr - Capital Limited - Crescent - Lake Shore Limited – NE Regional - Acela
  23. r
    reoagentleni
    Sunset Limited
    1. r
      reoagentleni
      Why are there not more sales for the Sunset Limited?
      Jun 8, 2019
  24. basketmaker
  25. basketmaker
    basketmaker
    California Zephyr, Southwest Chief, Coast Starlight, Empire Builder, City of New Orleans, Lake Shore Limited, Crescent, Sunset Limited

arrow_white