On Patrol Live has first car vs train incident on the show

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qapla

Engineer
On tonight's episode of "On Patrol Live" they went to an accident in Toledo where a BNSF train hit a car. They were still investigating, but it appears the driver of the car was trying to cross the tracks at a dead-end road that does not even have a crossing. The driver said, "everyone does it". He managed to get out of the vehicle before the train hit it. The train pushed the car quite a distance down the tracks.

Nice part was:
  1. No one got hurt
  2. The cops didn't blame the train

Last edited:
I recently bumped into a video of police responding to a car hit by a train. It's mostly bodycam footage and during some parts it's a little confusing but if you're curious how police and trains interact after a collision this video might give you some insight.

I watched about 15 minutes of the second one. I'll summarize:

1) Drink and drive
2) Make a left onto train tracks
3) Leave the scene and run from the police

Somebody isn't really ready to be an adult yet.
Watching police videos can be infuriating when you're older. I try to remind myself that legal impairment can be reached with a single cocktail at that age and if everyone had a camera when I was young I'd never live down half the stuff we did back then. That said, if you're drunk enough get your car hit by a train it may not be the ignorance of youth that got you in trouble but a willful disregard for life. IIRC her father was another LEO, so maybe she thought he'd help her escape if she could hide until he arrived, but they caught her real quick.

Back