Metra reliability

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cal

Engineer
I have a trip planned this summer and would love to take a trip on Metra before hopping on my long distance train. Does Metra receive many delays or cancellations, or can I reliably take a trip out of the city and back? The trip i was looking at has me getting back to chicago around 2 hours prior to amtraks departure.

I have a trip planned this summer and would love to take a trip on Metra before hopping on my long distance train. Does Metra receive many delays or cancellations, or can I reliably take a trip out of the city and back? The trip i was looking at has me getting back to chicago around 2 hours prior to amtraks departure.

Generally, Metra schedules are pretty reliable. However, one can't account for bad weather or an accident which might stop trains and create unavoidable delays.

Where were you planning on taking Metra to/from?

Generally, Metra schedules are pretty reliable. However, one can't account for bad weather or an accident which might stop trains and create unavoidable delays.

Where were you planning on taking Metra to/from?
Probably from Chicago out to Glen Ellyn and back. I've also looked at shorter trips taking Metra out and the L back, but not too worried about that because it'd be short and easy to get back to downtown Chicago.

Back