Fort Bragg, California/Mendocino County

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BCL

Engineer
My family is talking about making a weekend trip (not Amtrak) fairly close to the San Francisco Bay Area. Strangely enough, I don't think we've ever been on the California coast anywhere north of Bodega Bay on CA-1 or perhaps as far north as Healdsburg on US-101. We did visit Sonoma County once near Occidental, but that wasn't at the coast and we only made a side trip to the coast to Bodega Bay.

I get that there's some controversy over the name, but for the time being the city council has decided to keep it.

Not sure what to do, but it seems reasonable without taking too long to get there. We would be going with my parents. My dad can walk without any aid, but at his age he has to be reasonable about how far. Short, flat walks would be ideal. I'll probably be doing much of the driving, although my father hates when anyone else drives - claiming that he gets motion sickness unless he drives himself.

Back