Emeryville - San Francisco Thruway Bus Sun 5/19/2024

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Dylan

50+ Year Amtrak Rider
AU Supporting Member
According to a Post on trainorders,due to a Marathon across the Bay Bridge on Sunday, 5/19 the Amtrak Thruway Buses between Emeryville and San Francisco will not be running.

Suggested Alternate Transportation is to use BART between Richmond and the City or between Oakland and the City.

Another alternative suggested is to catch a Ferry between the Ferry Terminal in San Francisco and Jack London Square in Oakland.

Last edited:
Not May 24 (which is not a Sunday). The bus suspension is this Sunday - May 19. The race is the Bay to Breakers - half race, half social event. It draws a huge crowd. Much of downtown SF will be closed to vehicular traffic.

According to a Post on trainorders,due to a Marathon across the Bay Bridge on Sunday, 5/19 the Amtrak Thruway Buses between Emeryville and San Francisco will not be running.

Suggested Alternate Transportation is to use BART between Richmond and the City or between Oakland and the City.

Another alternative suggested is to catch a Ferry between the Ferry Terminal in San Francisco and Jack London Square in Oakland.
So...if you took BART to Richmond to catch the CZ, (believe the stations are adjacent there), is there any danger of them canceling your reservation if not scanned leaving Emeryville?
Same question for the CS....or if you're ticketed going south, would they let you board at Richmond?

So...if you took BART to Richmond to catch the CZ, (believe the stations are adjacent there), is there any danger of them canceling your reservation if not scanned leaving Emeryville?
Same question for the CS....or if you're ticketed going south, would they let you board at Richmond?
Thar is the job of the non existence route manager to fix.

IINM the Zephyr and Starlight don't stop in Richmond, only the Capitol Corroidor Trains!

Maybe Amtrak will do "One Off " stops in Richmond to allow connections to/from San Francisco with the Bay Bridge shutdown Sunday???

IINM the Zephyr and Starlight don't stop in Richmond, only the Capitol Corroidor Trains!

Maybe Amtrak will do "One Off " stops in Richmond to allow connections to/from San Francisco with the Bay Bridge shutdown Sunday???
The CZ does stop in Richmond (at least, the 6 which left EMY a few minutes ago) was due to stop in Richmond in 10 minutes ago, according to the transitdocs map and the current westbound 5 is scheduled to stop there this evening. However, according to the same map, you are correct that Starlight does NOT stop in Richmond.

P.S. While I was typing this, the 6 arrived and departed from RIC. Maps are fun!

The CZ does stop in Richmond (at least, the 6 which left EMY a few minutes ago) was due to stop in Richmond in 10 minutes ago, according to the transitdocs map and the current westbound 5 is scheduled to stop there this evening. However, according to the same map, you are correct that Starlight does NOT stop in Richmond.

P.S. While I was typing this, the 6 arrived and departed from RIC. Maps are fun!
Thanks, it's been a few years since I rode both Trains,and they weren't stopping in Richmond then.

However I have used BART and the Capitol Corridor Trains to travel between Sacramento and San Francisco many times!

Thanks for clarifying that.
I still would like to know how quickly they might scan and cancel reservations for “no-shows”. Would they do it that quickly (10”), or take a while longer?🤔

Back