Capitol Limited discussion 2023 Q4 - 2024

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One result of this speculated change will be the absence of Superliner trains in the East (except for the Auto Train). So for those who are fans of these, or have not yet had the opportunity to ride them close to home, “ride ‘em while you can”. Unfortunately, it seems that the opportunity to ride in a Sightseer Lounge over Sand Patch, is already gone…😕
After reading about this rumored change, both here and elsewhere, I am definitely glad I rode the Capitol when I did.

IMO, the shortage of Superliner equipment, especially sleepers will continue until new equipment is purchased and deployed. I can see the CL continuing as it links major cities but going to single level equipment. On our trips going west from PHL , on the first leg of our trips to CHI, we have taken both the Cardinal and the CL. With the two train option to CHI (NEC, CL) vs the single train Cardinal it saves us about 4 hours but it is more convenient.

Latest posts

Back