Boston MA Back Bay (BBY) to St. Paul MN. Union Station (MSP)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NW cannonball

Conductor
First time visiting Boston, first time meeting the LSL in Albany. (Stayed with friends, devoured those "Wellfleets" in Massachusetts)
Glad I chose BBY, not BOS. BBY not crowded, arrived by MBTA from far suburb, comfortable connection.
Also first time being delayed by "police activity" mid-trip and at MSP destination.
I knew already that no diner BBY-ALB. The crew in the "cafe car" so-called was competent and courteous. Like the Sleeping car attendant, also.
After ALB westbound, the diner crew also competent and courteous.
Caught the EB with plenty time in CHI.
CHI-MSP on the EB is like a familiar drive home for me. Had some good conversation with some Amish folk, and helped a noob taking pix of sunset on Lake Pepin.
Arrived MSP in time for the last GreenLine home from the station, BUT - all the few late trains cancelled account of "police activity"
BUT, an off-duty cop at the station saw I was carrying luggage, knew the reason for the light-rail shutdown, and gave me a ride home. How's that for home-town welcome?

Back