Add person to sleeper reservation booked on points

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swc34

Train Attendant
Hello,

Has anyone had experience booking a roommette with one person on points and then gone back and added another at a later date? I am assuming it would have to be with points?

Thanks in advance

Hello,

Has anyone had experience booking a roommette with one person on points and then gone back and added another at a later date? I am assuming it would have to be with points?

Thanks in advance
You have to make an ‘open sleeper’ resverstion. This can’t be done online so you have to call or do it at the station. It’s technically a separate res. so I’m not sure if they’d need to pay in points versus cash

You have to make an ‘open sleeper’ resverstion. This can’t be done online so you have to call or do it at the station. It’s technically a separate res. so I’m not sure if they’d need to pay in points versus cash
Since an "open sleeper" reservation is a wholly separate reservation I think it is highly probably the "points only" or "cash only" rule on a single reservation would not apply.

Back