Dead Body on #97 Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireman_Steve

Train Attendant
This is Fireman Steve's wife. He's on the #97 stopped in Ft. Lauderdale, FL and has just called from his cellular to inform of the current situation there. Train #97 has been stopped at Ft. Lauderdale station for the past hour. A dead body has been found in the rest room in the coach car. Ft. Lauderdale police is on the scene doing the investigation. No one is allowed off the train at this time. Will post more when more information is available.

They are now allowing passengers off the train as long as they have someone picking them up. Ft. Lauderdale police is still on the scene.

That is pretty weird, I'll see if I can get a call into that Condcuctor in the next few days here to find out what happened.

I heard it was a 19 year-old male, found in one of the bathrooms. He was reputed to have died from a drug overdose.

A couple of weeks ago I was talking with one of the Conductor's and he said he couldn't believe how stupid some of these people are with their drugs. He said he's had many people who will sit in the lounge and be like "Oh yea I got some cocaine (or whatever) in my bag, going down to may some dough" blah blah blah. He usually figures out where they get off, calls the station and has police waiting for them the second they step down. It's unbelievable how stupid these people are.

Fortunately those stupid criminals usually get caught. :)

Criminals is such a strong word. These people, unfortunetly, have been addicted and their habbits can not be broken. So what ends up happening is these drug addicits get thrown in jail, get released, and go right back to the streets. No one is there to help them.

Tp49, I'm not directing this right at you.

battalion51 said:
A couple of weeks ago I was talking with one of the Conductor's and he said he couldn't believe how stupid some of these people are with their drugs. He said he's had many people who will sit in the lounge and be like "Oh yea I got some cocaine (or whatever) in my bag, going down to may some dough" blah blah blah. He usually figures out where they get off, calls the station and has police waiting for them the second they step down. It's unbelievable how stupid these people are.
Just like that goon on my train who was arrested somewhere in Texas or where ever we were! It was said he tried to break in the crew dorm so he could go drug out. Stuuuuppiddd

battalion51 said:
He said he's had many people who will sit in the lounge and be like "Oh yea I got some cocaine (or whatever) in my bag, going down to may some dough" blah blah blah. He usually figures out where they get off, calls the station and has police waiting for them the second they step down. It's unbelievable how stupid these people are.
Amfleet:

I was remarking to what was stated by the chief. Sale of narcotics is a crime in every state. Transporting narcotics across state lines with the intent to sell is a Federal crime and having enough in your possession to consitiute distribution is a felony. While there are certianly a number of addicts who need help they all aren't going on the trains announcing their intent to sell narcotics to make a little money. Those who do are dumb criminals who deserve to get caught. Just my two cents :)

I spoke with the AC this weekend who found the dead body in the restroom at Ft. Lauderdale last Sunday. He said that when he looked through the bathroom vent he could see someone was passed out in there, but he did not know the nature of the injury. Because he figured it could be a diabetic (or something like that) he decided to break into the restroom. When they were able to finally get in they discovered the man in there with a needle in his leg. The official cause of death has been determined to be heroine overdose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back