What is happening with the Zephyr?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don

I've checking the arrival of #6 into Reno for the past two days, and it appears that the Zephyr has been cancelled

I don't know if this is the cause of the specific delay you noted, but there was a rockslide in Gore Canyon (Colorado) a couple of days ago, that temporarily blocked the Zephyr route west of Denver.

I don't know if this is the cause of the specific delay you noted, but there was a rockslide in Gore Canyon (Colorado) a couple of days ago, that temporarily blocked the Zephyr route west of Denver.
That was back in March, wasn't it? I didn't notice any news about a new one, & didn't find any thing when I searched.

That was back in March, wasn't it? I didn't notice any news about a new one, & didn't find any thing when I searched.
This sounds like a different one ... I saw mention of it in a Yahoo group I belong to called Colorado-Railfan. The posts there specifically mentioned slide-caused service disruptions on May 12th.

This sounds like a different one ... I saw mention of it in a Yahoo group I belong to called Colorado-Railfan. The posts there specifically mentioned slide-caused service disruptions on May 12th.
I booked the zephyr from chi to emy on the 15th and they told me it was cancelled because of flooding in Nebraska and the northern plains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back