Superliner Coach outlets

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AMTK@AUS

Train Attendant
I believe I saw a list with locations of the electrical outlets in a Superliner coach somewhere before, but now I can't find them. I searched these forums and got nothing, so I was hoping one of ya'll could imform me as to the locations of the outlets.

Thanks

IIRC I believe they are near seats 17 and 55
I was told by the attendant, when I boarded the Coast starlight in LA the outlets were 19 and 55. I sat in seat 19 and used it all the way north to Emerville last week except for the time I shared with a fellow passenger. Noticed the clearence was not enough for some plugs, next time I will carry a 1 foot extension I have.

Eric

GG-1 said:
IIRC I believe they are near seats 17 and 55
I was told by the attendant, when I boarded the Coast starlight in LA the outlets were 19 and 55. I sat in seat 19 and used it all the way north to Emerville last week except for the time I shared with a fellow passenger. Noticed the clearence was not enough for some plugs, next time I will carry a 1 foot extension I have.

Eric
I stand corrected and defer to you sincey you have more recent experience with it than I do :)

There are also a few Superliner coaches with a pair of outlets at every seat. I've been in at least three such coaches (I think one was 34081).

It's a shame that Amtrak is junking the Hi-Levels. I've only ever been in one Hi-Level, and it was 39952 which was used as a coach on the Portland section of the Empire Builder in January 2003. That car had the nicest interior I had ever seen on Amtrak, and it also had an electrical outlet at each seat.

Back