Laugh? ROFL? Or, "put on the tin-foil hat"?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest_Yerry_*

Digging on Google Earth, checking Beech Grove for updates, and found a marker to a video had been added recently. Sorry, it's NOT a railfan video, but it's worth the download. What's next, Corridor service to Area 51?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=277826260716604258

Never saw a helicopter the hundreds of times I sloooowwwwly drove around the property, telephoto-lens-equipped camera clicking away. . .

Was that Science Fiction or Insane Fantasy or really a "Tin Hat Production"

Aloha

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it was a Chinese-built mercury hat and they've been chewing on it. While I would reluctantly have to admit that I wouldn't put ANYTHING past the current administration, this one is just a bit "over the top" for me.

Yeah, sure, a helicopter making a straight pass overhead, not circling over you, is keeping you under surveillance. Right. And probably the SW 737 going by at 30,000' feet is also taking pix of you. Don't forget the ISS, too. The Shuttle may be bringing up a larger camera lens so they can help in the effort.

I didn't believe any of it, but in one tour they started playing Pink Floyd's "Welcome to the Machine". Now it all makes sense. :blink:

Did anyone notice that all the "barbed wire fencing" is angled to keep people OUT, and not IN, despite their claims to the contrary- right in the video??

And I love the fact that "FEMA" is in charge of this. If the black helicopter types want everyone detained, I'm sure FEMA could get it done in 20 or 30 years...

This will be sort of hard to explain, but I'll try.

Every once in a while I Google myself to see what it says. All of my pictures are under my first initial and last name, all as one word. And, I get a number of hits as I seem to be the only person that uses that combination. Anyway, as I do this over the years I have found on rare occasions someone using my pictures without my permission. Not often, but it happens.

One day I stumbled unto a sight full of some paranoid types who were concerned about terrorists and terrorism. I had recently posted a bunch of pictures on my website from a trip to Beach Grove. I explained in the description that I always get permission from the Amtrak Police before I wander up and down the fence line taking pictures.

Someone on that web site that linked to a picture I had taken made a comment that they found my pictures from a search with Beach Grove in the search engine. They couldn't believe how easy it was for me to walk up to the fence and take pictures and, especially after telling the police I was going to do so.

I have tried to find this link again, but it doesn't come up. If I do, I'll post it for your review.

Google yourself sometime. You'll be amazed at what you might see.

So is this video actually showing the Amtrak Beech Grove facility?
How old is this video?

The two vehicles they show are both from the 80's.
It is Beech Grove - I can't tell when it was taken.
And - that locomotive in the video - here it is repainted in Amtrak colors. They use it to move cars in and out of the shop.

143430816-L.jpg

While I would reluctantly have to admit that I wouldn't put ANYTHING past the current administration,
Why would you believe that it was the current administration?

Maybe it was the same guy who got kicked off of Bill Maher's show... :blink:

Did anyone notice that all the "barbed wire fencing" is angled to keep people OUT, and not IN, despite their claims to the contrary- right in the video??
It looks to me like the barbed wire is the way they say it is - to keep people "in". I don't think the people making the video are on the inside. Correct me if I'm wrong - but that is how I see it. I think there could be some validity to this.

It looks to me like the barbed wire is the way they say it is - to keep people "in". I don't think the people making the video are on the inside. Correct me if I'm wrong - but that is how I see it. I think there could be some validity to this.
I've been to Beech Grove a number of times over the years and even on a tour of the inside. Trust me, all they do is fix and repair Amtrak trains!

Was that locomotive pictured above ever actually painted in U.S. Air Force colors as shown in the clip, or was that simply a photoshop job?

Wow, I'm really at a loss for words at this point. I mean I understand people being skeptical about the gov't, but when uber stupidity comes, makes me wonder how many educated people there.

Now a days everything is so believable, thus nothing becomes believable.

Is it possible that it is some top secret facility? Sure

Is it possible that they went over board with security for a regular facility? Sure as well.

Is it possible that it was all fabricated? Sure

Is it possible that your reading this? maybe

Is is possible that I'm running out of ideas? Definitely

Is it possible that I need sleep? Thats a fact, Peace out =)

Was that locomotive pictured above ever actually painted in U.S. Air Force colors as shown in the clip, or was that simply a photoshop job?
I think, but don't know for sure, that it may have been the USAF loco in the video before Amtrak got hold of it. I never saw it in anything but Amtrak colors and it always looks fresh. Of course it never goes more than 5 MPH and is always only at the facility there in Beech Grove. Next time I stop by there I'll see if I can find out.

So is this video actually showing the Amtrak Beech Grove facility?
How old is this video?

The two vehicles they show are both from the 80's.
It is Beech Grove - I can't tell when it was taken.
And - that locomotive in the video - here it is repainted in Amtrak colors. They use it to move cars in and out of the shop.

143430816-L.jpg

I think, but don't know for sure, that it may have been the USAF loco in the video before Amtrak got hold of it. I never saw it in anything but Amtrak colors and it always looks fresh. Of course it never goes more than 5 MPH and is always only at the facility there in Beech Grove. Next time I stop by there I'll see if I can find out.
They don't show enough of the engine to be certain but in all likely hood, the engine in the movie is now the engine pictured above.

On another note; would FEMA really be the ones in charge of looking for holding camps, and such?

peter

I would wager that the U.S. Air Force locomotive was the one that formerly was used at Lackland AFB in San Antonio, TX to haul groceries etc from the warehouse to the commissary. Put out to pasture. Anyone else have any comments about the USAF railroad?

I've been to Beech Grove a number of times over the years and even on a tour of the inside. Trust me, all they do is fix and repair Amtrak trains!
So you would be like the IBM maintenance guy from 1940 who performed maintenance on the punch card systems that kept track of the tens of millions of prisoners in German concentration camps, came back and said "It's just a POW camp!! Nothing to see here folks!!"

Did you notice the evidence of underground facilities? Did you ask yourself WHY the barbed wire, in fact, is pointed to keep people IN rather than OUT??

Are you SURE you toured the ENTIRE facility??

Fencing doesn't seem out the ordinary for any industrial park. I've worked at three aviation companies that have all had similar types of turnstiles. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Funny thing about the helicopter, they say it'd observed them every time they went out there, but never any arrest or questioning? Hmmm...

Pretty freakin' funny. Maybe the guy who did crow brain transplants from the Coast Starlight knows about this facility...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back