CZ #5 and #6

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuffaloBoy

Service Attendant
Anybody have any idea why the 5 and 6 are 11 and 12 hours late? It appears something happened in Colorado

Any detouring involved?
According to one of our AUers who has a YouTube channel, it was rerouted over the UP line through Wyoming & Nebraska. #6 due in Friday afternoon in Chicago actually arrived 1:27 Saturday morning.
I wonder if it went all the way to Omaha on the UP, or went back onto the BNSF at Grand Island, to serve Lincoln.?
default_unsure.png

It appears no Zephyrs detoured because of the derailment. The #5 was held in Ft Morgan 12 hours and apparently they ran all the way through arriving in Emeryville about 12 hours late. Today's no. 6 out of Emeryville was delayed 3 hours 15 minutes. The eastbound #6 may have been held a little in Denver but because of the time of the derailment the 6 out of Denver was only held up 2-3 hours because of the derailment.

Too bad they removed one of the Zephyr's frequent detour routes between Denver and Brush, Co.....the former City of Denver, UP tracks between LaSalle and Union.

I don't know being that I live in a non-Amtrak city Nashville, TN. I would think that most likely the CZ to CS passengers were deboarded in Sacramento and rescheduled to the next nights CS. I don't know if Amtrak paid for the overnight hotel, etc.

Back