Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Checklists are for wimps

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 B757Guy

B757Guy

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 01:29 PM

"Downright scary was after Reagan fired all the union Controllers during '81, busted their Union, and replaced them with scabs. Listening to Ch 9, you could hear mistakes being made when taxiing, and the Officers saying "nice words" about them. "

Respectfully disagree, I've been a pilot for slightly over 35 years now, first with the Air Force, and now a very large airline, based at an airport within some of the busiest airspace in the country, Almost unequivocally, all of the controllers I have ever worked with have been exceptional. Honestly, most of the mistakes made have been my fellow pilots, not the controllers. 

Edited by B757Guy, 30 September 2018 - 01:34 PM.

• cpotisch likes this

I'm an airline pilot with a major US based carrier, and avid lover of trains since the very early days of Amtrak. I fondly recall GG1's zipping along the NEC, and sleeping in a slumbercoach on the Montrealer as a kid. I miss the old heritage cars, the GG1 and the original Budd Metroliners. The new equipment today simply doesn't have the same personality and elegance...

#22 jis

jis

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,718 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Planes and Travel

Posted 30 September 2018 - 02:22 PM

Yeah. There appears to be a certain - shall we say- union propaganda involved in that position about ATC folks after the strike

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users