Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Double Days (Sept. 17, 2018 - Nov. 17, 2018)

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 pennyk

pennyk

Engineer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,713 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 07:53 PM

I received this by email today

Earn 2X the points Sept. 17 – Nov. 17
Traveling on Amtrak® this fall is worth double the points during Double Days®. As a Select Executive member, you're already registered for this special promotion. Just travel September 17 – November 17 to enjoy 2x the points toward great rewards like Amtrak travel, upgrades, hotels and more.

• FrensicPic likes this

Amtrak miles: 246,317; Routes: Silver Meteor, Champion, Silver Star, Auto Train, Capitol Limited, Empire Builder, Lakeshore Limited, Adirondack, Vermonter, Cardinal, California Zephyr, Coast Starlight, Texas Eagle, Missouri River Runner, Acela Express, Southwest Chief, Cascades, Crescent, City of New Orleans, Hiawatha Service, Maple Leaf, Keystone Service, NE Regional, Downeaster, Piedmont, Carolinian, Lincoln Service, Autumn Express 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, Empire Service, Sunset Limited, San Joaquin, Capitol Corridor, Pennsylvanian, Illinois Zephyr, Carl Sandburg, Ethan Allen Express, AEM-7 Excursion, Pacific Surfliner, Palmetto.  VIA miles: 4,584; Routes: The Canadian, Ocean; Alaska RR Denali Star: 356 miles

#2 the_traveler

the_traveler

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,347 posts
  • Interests:Looking at GPS to find out where I am at!

Posted 04 September 2018 - 08:01 PM

I is only a lonely peon!:(

But if you log into your AGR account, I had it on mine and clicked to register!:)
Take it easy .......

Take the train instead and enjoy the ride!

The view is much better at 3 feet than it is at 30,000 feet!

#3 jebr

jebr

Engineer

• Forum Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 08:46 PM

I received it by email as well, and I'm also a lowely peon. A registered peon, though!

#4 scrollmaster

scrollmaster

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 08:54 PM

A number of weeks ago I booked a trip to San Antonio for mid October figuring to land in double days so enjoyed seeing the email arrive myself.

#5 Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,441 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Trains/Travel/Sports/Gov't/ Politics/History/Reading/
    Movies/Music/Space-Ancient Aliens

Posted 04 September 2018 - 09:24 PM

I is only a lonely peon!:(

But if you log into your AGR account, I had it on mine and clicked to register!:)

Ditto!
"There's Something About a Train! It's Magic!"-- 1970s Amtrak Ad
 "..My heart is warm with the friends I make,and better friends I'll not be knowing,
Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,No matter where its going!.." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

#6 Anderson

Anderson

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,663 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 09:55 PM

I'll probably get the email when I get home...but good to hear this has popped back up.  I've got at least one, possibly two major trips in that timeframe...so I should draw a nice pot of points out of it.

Amtrak mileage to date: Somewhere between 120,000 and 150,000 miles...I /really/ need to run all of my trips through a calculator sometime.

...and no, I am not /that/ Anderson...;-)

#7 RSG

RSG

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Interests:Travel, rail travel, libraries, current events

Posted 04 September 2018 - 10:24 PM

I received it by email as well, and I'm also a lowely peon. A registered peon, though!

Hrm, I'm in the register-yourself-you-nobody crowd and I couldn't find the e-mail, so I guess I should check which addy the marketing messages are supposed to be going to.

#8 JayPea

JayPea

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,705 posts
  • Interests:Trains, photography, reading. And any combination thereof. :)

Posted 04 September 2018 - 10:52 PM

Just now got the E-mail and registered.
  • Railroad Bill likes this
Amtrak Miles and Trains Traveled: 89811-City of New Orleans, State House/Lincoln Service, California Zephyr, Southwest Chief, Empire Builder, Cascades, Crescent, Capital Limited, Coast Starlight, Texas Eagle/Sunset Limited, Silver Meteor, Lake Shore Limited,  Pacific Surfliner, Cardinal, Vermonter, Northeast Regional, Downeaster, Heartland Flyer, Wolverine. 
Pre-Amtrak Miles Traveled: 8478-- North Coast Limited, Panama Limited, Empire Builder, Abraham Lincoln, City of Hinkle

#9 tim49424

tim49424

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 03:49 AM

Got mine and registered......I have a trip on the 25th from Holland, MI to SEA and back.....plenty of doubled points there!

Over 50,000 miles traveled on Amtrak since December, 2007.  Next trip: September 25, HOM-SEA RT

Amtrak trains traveled on as of May, 2018:  Pere Marquette, Empire Builder, Hiawatha, Wolverine, Coast Starlight, California Zephyr, Southwest Chief, Pacific Surfliner, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Cardinal, Northeast Regional, Downeaster, Lake Shore Limited, Heartland Flyer, Amtrak Cascades, Ethan Allen, Capitol Limited and Carolinian

#10 Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,441 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Trains/Travel/Sports/Gov't/ Politics/History/Reading/
    Movies/Music/Space-Ancient Aliens

Posted 05 September 2018 - 04:40 PM

If you didn't get the e-mail, just go to the AGR Website or your Account and "Click" to sign up!
  • Railroad Bill, the_traveler, pennyk and 1 other like this
"There's Something About a Train! It's Magic!"-- 1970s Amtrak Ad
 "..My heart is warm with the friends I make,and better friends I'll not be knowing,
Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,No matter where its going!.." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

#11 Tennessee Traveler

Tennessee Traveler

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 09:50 PM

I'm registered. I'm traveling round trip on both the Southwest Chief Chicago to Los Angeles and the California Zephyr Chicago to Emeryville late October to early November and was sure to PAY for these trips hoping for the double rewards points.  Also I need these trips to re-qualify for Select status and they will take care of that although this is not a double tier credits offer.

#12 willem

willem

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 11:41 AM

When I try to register, I get an error before the web page loads.

The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.

Your support ID is: [20-digit number].

Is this because I'm overseas?

#13 NEPATrainTraveler

NEPATrainTraveler

Train Attendant

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:28 AM

Joined AGR earlier this week and signed up for double days.  I have the LSL to CHI booked as well as the Hiawatha to MKE.

#14 the_traveler

the_traveler

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,347 posts
  • Interests:Looking at GPS to find out where I am at!

Posted 13 September 2018 - 05:40 PM

As long as the travel is between those dates - no matter when you booked your trip - you will get double points!
  • NEPATrainTraveler likes this
Take it easy .......

Take the train instead and enjoy the ride!

The view is much better at 3 feet than it is at 30,000 feet!

#15 benale

benale

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 06:12 PM

The four months that Amtrak doubles the points is when I do most of my Amtrak travel. Using

#16 benale

benale

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 06:15 PM

Sent too soon. Using the AGR mastercard with 3X the points for Amtrak travel and double points its almost as good as AGR 1 where you got 100 points minimum.

#17 chakk

chakk

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 11:57 PM

Registered as soon as I received the email. Then received a second email today reminding me that the promotional travel period starts tomorrow.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 1 anonymous users