East and West Glacier with bicycle?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spinnaker

Lead Service Attendant
I could have sworn either East Glacier or West Glacier did not allow bicycles to be checked. But now I check the Amtrak site, the bicycle symbol lights up with 6 spots (depending on the day of course).

Is may memory failing me or did Amtrak relax the rules on one of these stations?

Curious that Wenatchee bicycle symbol lights up but has zero spots when I am pretty certain no symbol showed before.

West glacier, known on BNSF as belton, is not a staffed station, but may have trainside bicycle services.

You hand the bike to an attendant on the EB so you really don't need luggage service. But not sure if the attendant works at the station on on the EB. My guess is they work for the station.

The bikes go in the baggage car on the EB. Is the platform long enough for passengers to access the baggage car in West Glacier?

So if it is not staffed how are they loading bikes? Or maybe they are going to the CL model where you hang your bike in the Coach Bag?

Back