Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Hello Forum!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rail_Gurlz

Rail_Gurlz

Train Attendant

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 09:14 PM

New reader here, love the rails. Had the opportunity to live and work in Switzerland with a previous job and made good use of trains to visit family, see amazing snowy landscapes, and see travel far beyond where my bike would go.

Getting ready for a cross-country trip with step-mom. Sacramento, CA to Lisbon, ME with a couple of days in NYC for fun. The planning is a bit complicated so if y’all have some ideas to smooth it out would love to hear.

Really happy to have found you.

#2 Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,596 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Trains/Travel/Sports/Gov't/ Politics/History/Reading/
    Movies/Music/Space-Ancient Aliens

Posted 02 August 2018 - 09:17 PM

Welcome to AU!

Please read the First Time Riders and Trip Report Forums here, tons of Good info on both.
"There's Something About a Train! It's Magic!"-- 1970s Amtrak Ad
 "..My heart is warm with the friends I make,and better friends I'll not be knowing,
Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,No matter where its going!.." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

#3 the_traveler

the_traveler

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,435 posts
  • Interests:Looking at GPS to find out where I am at!

Posted 03 August 2018 - 12:44 AM

Welcome aboard!:hi:
Take it easy .......

Take the train instead and enjoy the ride!

The view is much better at 3 feet than it is at 30,000 feet!

#4 cpotisch

cpotisch

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,642 posts
  • Interests:Planes, Trains, Cooking, Politics

Posted 03 August 2018 - 08:46 AM

Welcome to Amtrak Unlimited! I second Bob Dylan's advice to check out the Amtrak FAQs & First-Time Rider Info and Trip Reports forums. However, if you want more info or advice specific to your trip, I recommend you start a thread with all your questions in the main Amtrak Rail Discussion forum. Hope we can help!

Routes Traveled: Silver Meteor, Silver Star, CrescentLake Shore LimitedCalifornia Zephyr, Sunset Limited, Texas EagleEthan Allen Express, Empire Service, Maple Leaf, AdirondackAcela Express, Northeast RegionalKeystone Service, Downeaster w/ Great Dome

Wish List: Auto Train, Cardinal, CONO, Empire Builder, Southwest Chief, Crescent (overnight), Adirondack w/ Great Dome

#5 Rail_Gurlz

Rail_Gurlz

Train Attendant

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 09:37 AM

Thank you all for being so welcoming!

Ill definitely post something specific for our trip. Were a little confused by all the options and my having limited travel time doesnt help.
  • cpotisch likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users