Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Flying Trains Could Be Coming Your Way

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rover

Rover

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:48 PM

https://www.bloomber...pitch-to-boeing

French entrepreneur Maurice Ricci is pitching Boeing and others with his Akka Technologies "Link & Fly" proposal.

Edited by Rover, 11 July 2018 - 04:52 PM.

I've ridden: ~ The Empire Builder 1981 ~ The Coast Starlight 1981 ~ The Texas Eagle ~ The Sunset Limited ~
Books: ~ Time-Life - The Old West ~ The Railroaders * Rail Ventures - 4th Edition

I think it is absolute mythology that there's any national system that is profitable. And I think the naysayers just have to get over it. ~ Amtrak President Alex Kummant ~ June 2008

#2 cpotisch

cpotisch

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,860 posts
  • Interests:Planes, Trains, Cooking, Politics

Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:14 AM

Wouldn't this fit better in this thread?

• Pere Flyer likes this
Routes Traveled: Silver Meteor, Silver Star, CrescentLake Shore LimitedCalifornia Zephyr, Sunset Limited, Texas EagleEthan Allen Express, Empire Service, Maple Leaf, AdirondackAcela Express, Northeast RegionalKeystone Service

Wish List: Cardinal, CONO, Empire Builder, Southwest Chief, Crescent (overnight), Adirondack w/ Great Dome, Downeaster

#3 me_little_me

me_little_me

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 07:50 PM

Just a modern version of the stuff we read about 30 years ago in Popular Science.

#4 Rover

Rover

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 12:54 AM

Wouldn't this fit better in this thread?

Why yes, yes it would !!!

I've ridden: ~ The Empire Builder 1981 ~ The Coast Starlight 1981 ~ The Texas Eagle ~ The Sunset Limited ~
Books: ~ Time-Life - The Old West ~ The Railroaders * Rail Ventures - 4th Edition

I think it is absolute mythology that there's any national system that is profitable. And I think the naysayers just have to get over it. ~ Amtrak President Alex Kummant ~ June 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users