Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

TEXRail start-up soon

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Twin Star Rocket

Twin Star Rocket

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:Rail travel, ship travel, history, science, languages, old TV shows and commercials (pre-1970), American folk songs, and classic movies.

Posted 10 July 2018 - 12:30 PM

A new commuter rail line from Ft. Worth northeast to DFW Airport is expected to begin service in late 2018.

www.texrail.com/

It will use a former Cotton Belt line.   DART already has a light-rail line into DFW Airport and the TRE serves a station just south of the airport.

I have traveled by train since 1956 in the USA (including Alaska), Canada (including the Yukon), Mexico, Western Europe, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, and Zimbabwe.
My last pre-Amtrak trip was the Texas Chief from Ft. Worth to Chicago and the Capitol Limited from Chicago (Northwestern station) to Washington D.C.
I rode my first Amtrak train in April 1972. I have ridden nearly all the long-distance routes including the Texas Chief (Lone Star), Inter-American, Panama Limited, National Limited, Pioneer, Desert Wind, Spirit of California, Sunset Limited (Florida extension), Broadway Limited, and Chief. I also rode the Rio Grande Zephyr, Southern Crescent, Peoria Rocket, Georgia RR mixed train, and Soo Line mixed train in the post-Amtrak era.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users