Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

amtrak vouchers for sale on ebay

23 replies to this topic

#21 the_traveler

the_traveler

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,446 posts
  • Interests:Looking at GPS to find out where I am at!

Posted 24 July 2018 - 07:47 AM

While true, how can you know that e-voucher for $250 that you bought ata bargin for $100 or $50 had not been sold to numerous other people, until the use of it and then you are told that it was used already? You can not go back to your friend thru Amtrak - that is if you could even find them!

E-vouchers are just numbers (like 15376934). You no longer receive a paper voucher in most cases.

I would not buy from my friend.
Take it easy .......

Take the train instead and enjoy the ride!

The view is much better at 3 feet than it is at 30,000 feet!

#22 RSG

RSG

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Interests:Travel, rail travel, libraries, current events

Posted 24 July 2018 - 09:16 AM

They did resend the ticket info but I was told they couldn't fix San Antinio without canceling and rebooking the whole train part from Seattle back home and would raise the cost quite a bit so we passed through San Antonio but no visit to the Alamo.

Though it's now irrelevant for you (since you have sworn off Amtrak Vacations), for the benefit of others reading this thread, if there are changes or discrepancies in an Amtrak booking made by a third party, it's better to just call an Amtrak customer agent and attempt to make the change "at the source". There are no guarantees you will get the outcome you desire, but they can probably make you happy 80%-90% of the time.

#23 scrollmaster

scrollmaster

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 06:07 PM

It was my first train trip and at the time I thought Amtrak Vacations was Amtrak. I knew absolutely nothing about Amtrak other than it's the train people ride. Now I either book myself or call AGR if I have questions.

#24 Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,045 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:07 PM

There are no guarantees you will get the outcome you desire, but they can probably make you happy 80%-90% of the time.

That is a work of pure genius. I haven't seen a sales pitch that was so vague and noncommittal yet inexplicably comforting since someone tried to sell me a dilapidated timeshare. Do you happen to work in sales or public relations?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users