Varnish, Heritage in Chicago Yard

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommylicious

OBS Chief
Was just near the Chicago yard took these. What is the NX car? Also that odd Heritage diner that looks taller than the Horizons.

IMG_20180706_103312.jpg

IMG_20180706_102743.jpg

IMG_20180706_103302.jpg

IMG_20180706_102743.jpg

IMG_20180706_102754.jpg

IMG_20180706_102740.jpg

IMG_20180706_102334.jpg

IMG_20180706_102130.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember seeing almost all of those when I was at the Chicago yard several months ago. So I guess they're not just passing through.

That Heritage diner (in the last photo) looks tall, because it is taller than the Horizon cars around it...but not as wide...
default_wink.png

The NX car is Skykomish River ex Great Northern. It's a track geometry car. The rest of those PVs either live there full time for the time being. I'm sure Anderson and Gardner will remove long term parking there eventually as they did DC. Then who knows where to.

I'm sure that will mess me up getting my car a place to be stored.

The NX car is Skykomish River ex Great Northern. It's a track geometry car. The rest of those PVs either live there full time for the time being. I'm sure Anderson and Gardner will remove long term parking there eventually as they did DC. Then who knows where to.

Like looking for a spot to park your auto...the "good" spots will soon be taken...
default_smile.png

Like looking for a spot to park your auto...the "good" spots will soon be taken...
default_smile.png
Exactly every railroad I've attempted is either full, can't afford to lease a car, only needs a car for two months of the year, it has no interest in private owned cars. One railroad wants us for two months but not with our config so we would have to redo it.

Back