Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Buying Columbia Heights/Beaver Creek

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 cpotisch

cpotisch

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,708 posts
  • Interests:Planes, Trains, Cooking, Politics

Posted 07 July 2018 - 07:01 PM

Sorry to hear all of that. But you're still looking at those other cars in Florida?

Routes Traveled: Silver Meteor, Silver Star, CrescentLake Shore LimitedCalifornia Zephyr, Sunset Limited, Texas EagleEthan Allen Express, Empire Service, Maple Leaf, AdirondackAcela Express, Northeast RegionalKeystone Service

Wish List: Cardinal, CONO, Empire Builder, Southwest Chief, Crescent (overnight), Adirondack w/ Great Dome, Downeaster

#22 railiner

railiner

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,140 posts
  • Interests:All public transportation....land, sea, and air

Posted 07 July 2018 - 07:22 PM

Yes...if I had the discretionary money to dabble into the railroad private car business, (or the bus business ;))....I wouldn't.

There are far easy businesses, with a lot less obstacles that you can't control, than those to start up into.

metroblue?

okay on the blue!

#23 Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,115 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Trains/Travel/Sports/Gov't/ Politics/History/Reading/
    Movies/Music/Space-Ancient Aliens

Posted 07 July 2018 - 07:25 PM

All in all I learned a lot of lessons. Did any of you learn anything?

Yep, you learned a valuable Lesson about being under Capialized which is the number one reason New,Businesses Fail!

Consider yourself lucky, I'd suggest you wait until you are stable financially before taking on this kind of sketchy deal!
"There's Something About a Train! It's Magic!"-- 1970s Amtrak Ad
 "..My heart is warm with the friends I make,and better friends I'll not be knowing,
Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,No matter where its going!.." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

#24 Seaboard92

Seaboard92

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,105 posts
  • Interests:-Amtrak
    -New York Central
    -Seaboard Airline
    -Scriptwriting

Posted 07 July 2018 - 07:34 PM

All in all I learned a lot of lessons. Did any of you learn anything?

Yep, you learned a valuable Lesson about being under Capialized which is the number one reason New,Businesses Fail!

Consider yourself lucky, I'd suggest you wait until you are stable financially before taking on this kind of sketchy deal!

I do consider myself lucky I have a lot food friends who helped me with this venture. And I've learned a lot. The big issue wasn't just the money issue but the time issue. Trying to do anything at the last minute in the 11th hour leads to disorganization and mistakes. And that's both on my part and the museum selling things.

Hopefully they will learn from that lesson but I strongly doubt that they have learned anything at all. One day I'll get a car.
  • cpotisch likes this
View my pictures at http://trainboy1.rrpicturearchives.net
Amtrak Routes I've riden: Silver Star(NYP-ORL), Silver Meteor(KIS-NYP),Carolinian(CLT-NWK), Palmetto (FLO-NYP), Acela(WAS-NYP), NE Regional(WBG-RVR), Pacific Surfliner(SAN-OSD), Piedmont(CLT-SAL), Crescent(NYP-CLT), Cardinal (WAS-CHI), Capitol Limited (CHI-WAS), Cascade (PDX-SEA)
Steam Engines I've worked behind: Norfolk & Western No. 611; Nickel Plate Road No. 765; Southern Pacific No. 4449

#25 AGM.12

AGM.12

Train Attendant

• Training
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 08:16 PM

At one time, I believe the Piedmont Carolinas Chapter NRHS had the Pine Tree State for sale. If I remember, they also had a sister car the Keystone State. I wonder if they are available?

#26 Seaboard92

Seaboard92

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,105 posts
  • Interests:-Amtrak
    -New York Central
    -Seaboard Airline
    -Scriptwriting

Posted 09 July 2018 - 08:20 AM

At one time, I believe the Piedmont Carolinas Chapter NRHS had the Pine Tree State for sale. If I remember, they also had a sister car the Keystone State. I wonder if they are available?

It is for sale right now. But I think it needs more work than anything else but it would make a good apartment car. And thank you for the suggestion.

Edited by Seaboard92, 09 July 2018 - 08:20 AM.

View my pictures at http://trainboy1.rrpicturearchives.net
Amtrak Routes I've riden: Silver Star(NYP-ORL), Silver Meteor(KIS-NYP),Carolinian(CLT-NWK), Palmetto (FLO-NYP), Acela(WAS-NYP), NE Regional(WBG-RVR), Pacific Surfliner(SAN-OSD), Piedmont(CLT-SAL), Crescent(NYP-CLT), Cardinal (WAS-CHI), Capitol Limited (CHI-WAS), Cascade (PDX-SEA)
Steam Engines I've worked behind: Norfolk & Western No. 611; Nickel Plate Road No. 765; Southern Pacific No. 4449

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users