Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Lufthansa adds astronaut food to its airline passenger menu

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CHamilton

CHamilton

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 12:09 AM

http://www.collectsp...-astronaut.html

Will Amtrak add astronaut ice cream, space food sticks, and Tang?

Edited by CHamilton, 05 July 2018 - 12:09 AM.

Amtrak can be better! Tell your local, state and national elected officials to support a more robust rail system. Join NARP and your local rail advocacy organization.
Where you'll find my posts: // All Aboard Washington (websiteFacebook) // Amtrak Unlimited Forum Group (Facebook) // Grow Trains (websiteFacebook, Twitter) // Restore the Pioneer Train (website, Facebook, Twitter) // Save the Seattle Waterfront Streetcar (Again) (websiteFacebook, Twitter) // Transit Riders of Puget Sound (Facebook) // Trains on FB (Facebook) // My Random Twitter Musings @HamiltonChas

#2 railiner

railiner

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,695 posts
  • Interests:All public transportation....land, sea, and air

Posted 05 July 2018 - 12:57 AM

Clever marketing... the tie-in will appeal to a certain segment of the population.  

Maybe Amtrak can take a page from that book, and have some 'celebrity chef's' develop and endorse some of the new "fresh and contemporary" box meals... ^_^

• cpotisch likes this
metroblue?

okay on the blue!

#3 cpotisch

cpotisch

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,699 posts
  • Interests:Planes, Trains, Cooking, Politics

Posted 05 July 2018 - 08:44 AM

Maybe Amtrak can take a page from that book, and have some 'celebrity chef's' develop and endorse some of the new "fresh and contemporary" box meals... ^_^

I like your thinking! Bring in Guy Fieri!

Routes Traveled: Silver Meteor, Silver Star, CrescentLake Shore LimitedCalifornia Zephyr, Sunset Limited, Texas EagleEthan Allen Express, Empire Service, Maple Leaf, AdirondackAcela Express, Northeast RegionalKeystone Service, Downeaster w/ Great Dome

Wish List: Auto Train, Cardinal, CONO, Empire Builder, Southwest Chief, Crescent (overnight), Adirondack w/ Great Dome

#4 CHamilton

CHamilton

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 09:31 AM

They did that a few years ago, with some success.

https://www.washingt...m=.47116d1dff8e

But I doubt that people like Tom Douglas would touch Amtrak with a ten-foot spatula today.

• Pere Flyer and cpotisch like this
Amtrak can be better! Tell your local, state and national elected officials to support a more robust rail system. Join NARP and your local rail advocacy organization.
Where you'll find my posts: // All Aboard Washington (websiteFacebook) // Amtrak Unlimited Forum Group (Facebook) // Grow Trains (websiteFacebook, Twitter) // Restore the Pioneer Train (website, Facebook, Twitter) // Save the Seattle Waterfront Streetcar (Again) (websiteFacebook, Twitter) // Transit Riders of Puget Sound (Facebook) // Trains on FB (Facebook) // My Random Twitter Musings @HamiltonChas

#5 railiner

railiner

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,695 posts
  • Interests:All public transportation....land, sea, and air

Posted 05 July 2018 - 11:10 AM

Could you just imagine Gordon Ramsay doing a "Hell's Galley" show from a Viewliner Diner? :lol:

metroblue?

okay on the blue!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users