Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Will SEPTA still honor Amtrak tickets in Center City stops?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mystic River Dragon

Mystic River Dragon

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 02:56 PM

With the new electronic SEPTA Key being implemented, will Amtrak tickets still be honored for going to/from 30th Street to Suburban or Jefferson? Or will you have to buy a separate ticket? If it is still honored, where is there a place to prove it? (The paper timetable is gone, so the paragraph in there explaining this is gone as well.) I wouldn't expect the SEPTA employees standing at the barriers to all know about this and would like something to print out and have handy to show them if it's still valid.

#2 River Cities

River Cities

Train Attendant

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:44 PM

When I was there in May, the employee at 30th Street let me by after looking at my Amtrak ticket.  This was right before the transition, though, so I'd also be curious how this works in practice now.

FWIW, this page still claims they are accepted: http://www.septa.org/fares/ticket/

Amtrak routes covered: Broadway Limited (Chicago to Lima), Cascades (SEA to VAC), CL (CHI to PGH), CZ (SAC to CHI), CONO, CS (SEA to SAC) EB (to SEA only), Lincoln Service, LSL (to BOS only), MO River Runner (and the Mules), NER (PHL to RTE), Pennsylvanian (PGH to PHL), Wolverine (CHI to NLS).  Thruways: GBB to SPI, STL to CDL.

#3 Acela150

Acela150

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,370 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:33 PM

Things are still being figured out with the Septa Key system. This is most likely one of them. The program hasn't even started it's pilot program yet. That starts next month. 

These posts are my views and opinions.

Donate your spare time! Be a Volunteer Firefighter!

"Mainline 66W Recrew On Board at Abrams ready to head east when you can handle us, Ok 66W, ok on signal indication at Norris, take it to the Falls to wait for the window"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users