Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Bye Bye Starwood....

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 George K

George K

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
  • Interests:Ask me!

Posted 25 June 2018 - 08:46 PM

Just got this email:

We want to let you know about a change to our program that impacts our members. After July 31, 2018, Starwood Hotels and Resorts® will end its partnership with the Amtrak Guest Rewards program. After that date, you will no longer be able to earn Amtrak Guest Rewards points on Starwood stays, redeem your points for Starwood certificates, or transfer Starpoints® into Amtrak Guest Rewards points.

Edited by George K, 25 June 2018 - 08:46 PM.

4/1/1955 - NYC "Pacemaker" - NYP to CHI; 9/14 - EB - CHI to PDX , CS - PDX to EMY, CZ - EMY to CHI; 3/15 CONO - Round trip; 9/15 CL CHI to WAS, Acela WAS to BOS, LSL BOS to CHI; 11/15 CONO - Round trip; 5/16 EB - Round trip; 12/16 CONO -  Round Trip; 5/17 EB - Round trip; 10/17 CONO - Round trip

#2 jis

jis

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,729 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Planes and Travel

Posted 25 June 2018 - 10:31 PM

On 1st August Starwood Rewards program is merging into Marriott Rewards Program.

#3 George K

George K

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
  • Interests:Ask me!

Posted 26 June 2018 - 07:59 PM

On 1st August Starwood Rewards program is merging into Marriott Rewards Program.

I've been able to transfer points between the two (well, actually Marriott to Starwood, and then to Amtrak) recently. I guess those halcyon days are gone.

4/1/1955 - NYC "Pacemaker" - NYP to CHI; 9/14 - EB - CHI to PDX , CS - PDX to EMY, CZ - EMY to CHI; 3/15 CONO - Round trip; 9/15 CL CHI to WAS, Acela WAS to BOS, LSL BOS to CHI; 11/15 CONO - Round trip; 5/16 EB - Round trip; 12/16 CONO -  Round Trip; 5/17 EB - Round trip; 10/17 CONO - Round trip

#4 FrensicPic

FrensicPic

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,595 posts
  • Interests:Trains, photography and radio communications...not necessarily in that order.

Posted 26 June 2018 - 08:38 PM

I believe Hilton Honors did that earlier this year. No AGR earning from hotel stays although, I believe you can still transfer Honors points to AGR.

John...

29,076 miles on the Coast Starlight, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Southwest Chief, Empire Builder, California Zephyr and Capitol Limited.

5540 miles booked for this fall on the Sunset Limited, City of New Orleans, Illini/Saluki, Southwest Chief.

More miles on the Pacific Surfliner, Metrolink, White Pass and Yukon Route, Grand Canyon Railway, Napa Valley Wine Train, Fillmore and Western and private railcars with LARail.com

Photos: http://www.flickr.co...rensicpic/sets/

#5 jis

jis

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,729 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 08:48 PM

I believe Hilton Honors did that earlier this year. No AGR earning from hotel stays although, I believe you can still transfer Honors points to AGR.

Have you actually done so recently?

#6 FrensicPic

FrensicPic

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,595 posts
  • Interests:Trains, photography and radio communications...not necessarily in that order.

Posted 26 June 2018 - 09:19 PM

No, haven't tried a transfer. I was notified about the end of AGR earnings by Hilton though earlier this year.

John...

29,076 miles on the Coast Starlight, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Southwest Chief, Empire Builder, California Zephyr and Capitol Limited.

5540 miles booked for this fall on the Sunset Limited, City of New Orleans, Illini/Saluki, Southwest Chief.

More miles on the Pacific Surfliner, Metrolink, White Pass and Yukon Route, Grand Canyon Railway, Napa Valley Wine Train, Fillmore and Western and private railcars with LARail.com

#7 FrensicPic

FrensicPic

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 09:52 PM

Yes, I just transferred, this evening, some of my Hilton Honors points to AGR so, that still is possible. Its not a one-to-one exchange!

Edited by FrensicPic, 27 June 2018 - 09:53 PM.

John...

#8 jis

jis

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,729 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 09:53 PM

What ratio?

Edited by jis, 27 June 2018 - 09:54 PM.

#9 FrensicPic

FrensicPic

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 11:19 PM

What ratio?

6.67 HH to 1 AGR. (blocks of 10,000 Hilton to 1500 AGR) I believe you can also go the other way but, as I wasn't interested in that I didn't take note of the particulars.

I'm more likely to need/use the AGR points than the Hilton Honors points.

Edited by FrensicPic, 27 June 2018 - 11:20 PM.

John...

#10 jis

jis

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,729 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 07:53 AM

I was just curious. I would not transfer anything since I always use up all my Hilton points at Hilton and AGR at Amtrak as is.

• FrensicPic likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users