Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Roomette sale

5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_adam_*

Guest_adam_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2018 - 09:24 AM

I saw that Amtrak is now offering a free companion ticket for roomette passengers.  I had booked a roomette on the CZ for a business trip a month or two ago.  My wife may be able to go along now; is there a way to get her added for free? 

#2 Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,834 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 09:33 AM

Exclusively [available] at www.amtrak.com. Valid for sale June 20-26, 2018. Valid for travel August 20, 2018 - February 15, 2019.

Booking a "month or two ago" would seem to be well outside the T&C's for this offer. The offer claims to be exclusively available on Amtrak.com, so I'm guessing the reservations desk is going to be hesitant to override the rules.  Best of luck though.

Link: https://www.amtrak.c...ne-get-one-free

#3 me_little_me

me_little_me

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 11:06 AM

If they say no, then ask the cost of an "Open Sleeper" ticket for her. Should be no more than the cost of low-bucket coach seat and then she can share your room as well as get meals included.

• crescent2 and TJGagliardo like this

#4 cpotisch

cpotisch

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,824 posts
  • Interests:Planes, Trains, Cooking, Politics

Posted 25 June 2018 - 03:49 PM

As was said, the deal is valid for June 20-26 bookings, and can be only utilized through the website. Since I don't think you can tag on another person online, it seems like you're out of luck. As was also said, you can get an open sleeper booking for your wife, which should end up costing exactly as much as if you had booked her the ticket from the start, but you won't be able to utilize the sale. Good luck!

Routes Traveled: Silver Meteor, Silver Star, CrescentLake Shore LimitedCalifornia Zephyr, Sunset Limited, Texas EagleEthan Allen Express, Empire Service, Maple Leaf, AdirondackAcela Express, Northeast RegionalKeystone Service

Wish List: Cardinal, CONO, Empire Builder, Southwest Chief, Crescent (overnight), Adirondack w/ Great Dome, Downeaster

#5 JRR

JRR

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 09:32 PM

I called in a reservation on the Meteor today to go to the Gathering and return and received the discount. So apparently, you don’t have to do it on line.

Better hurry as tomorrow is the last day!
  • cpotisch likes this

#6 cpotisch

cpotisch

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,824 posts
  • Interests:Planes, Trains, Cooking, Politics

Posted 26 June 2018 - 10:18 AM

One thing I just thought of: if the rail fare for a given segment is more than the charge for a roomette, with this deal, wouldn't it actually be cheaper for two people to get a roomette than to go coach? This would be a very rare example, but that seems possible, if not likely...

Routes Traveled: Silver Meteor, Silver Star, CrescentLake Shore LimitedCalifornia Zephyr, Sunset Limited, Texas EagleEthan Allen Express, Empire Service, Maple Leaf, AdirondackAcela Express, Northeast RegionalKeystone Service

Wish List: Cardinal, CONO, Empire Builder, Southwest Chief, Crescent (overnight), Adirondack w/ Great Dome, Downeaster

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users