Question about Smartfares

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ParanoidAndroid

OBS Chief
So as all the seasoned Amtrak riders should know, there are difference price buckets on coach fares (and rooms, but that doesn't apply here). Does Smartfares give you 30% off the base fare, regardless of the current selling bucket for coach, or does it do 30% off the currently selling coach bucket?

For example, say the base fare for a segment is $50, but the current coach bucket that is selling for that train on a specific date is $100. If there are Smartfares tickets for that specific train, does it sell for $35 (30% off base fare) or $70 (30% off current bucket)?

Thanks for any answers.

I am not sure if saver fares are the same as smart fares, but I assume that saver fares will only appear when coach seats are still jn the lowest price bucket.

Sorry if I am trying to answer a different question to the one asked!

Ed.

Smartfares aren't saver fares... They are sold Tuesdays - Fridays for use on some travel dates between the 2nd saturday and 5th saturday after the purchase week.

The page describing Smartfares is here: https://www.amtrak.com/weekly-deals

There are 4 seats remaining at the lowest bucket...and I don't know the chances that the train I'm riding will have Smartfares!

Back